User Avatar Image

Spoilers! Brenda Glitch

posted by cols_12 on - last edited - Viewed by 13K users

After a long wait for episode 2 of The Walking Dead, near the end i find out i cant finish it because There is no option for Brenda when she takes Kennys Wife hostage. Does anyone know a way to fix this glitch? I go through the door and when i walk forward i get shot and there is no option to talk or anything.

152 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Read through all of this thread, and there are some extremely unhelpful people around aren't there. Registered just to add my name to the list of people banging their head on the desk repeatedly. I've tried this around 30 or so times and it just won't do it. Whether glitch is the right word, not sure. I can get to the first conversation after the door, then move forward and *sometimes* do the 2nd one, but after that, there's just no way of knowing if that next step will kill you or save you.

The problem is that the animation is on rails, as opposed to free in other parts of the game. When you enter the house, if you hold down forward continuously Lees shoulder moves up and down 3 times, indicating 3 steps towards Brenda. If you do it the only workable way, i.e. bit by bit, if this animation is even slightly in the wrong place, he steps forward the animation continues - which you can see if you look at the doorway/light to the right (getting sick of seeing those now..) it keeps moving about 3 pixels (I suppose for the animation to find a resting spot) and she shoots. If the animation hasn't completed its step up or down, then he carries on. It's more a case that it was the wrong way to implement it in the game - it would have been better if it didn't require you to stop dead at the right point in a way that is really open to failure, when you can't see what your feet are doing.

I'll happily video this if, you know, six pages of people with exactly the same issue isn't proof enough. Would be great if there was a way of patching it as this series is one of the best adventure games I've played in an extremely long time. The emotive side, story, characters, choices, everything is just spot on and I cant fault it. Until I try to walk forwards in a house...

• tubaros have you ever paid attention to brenda and NOT lee ?

are you using a controller ?

yes video it then we know

but ultimately when brenda says stop you HAVE to stop and when the dialogue comes up always pick the top one.. and don't move till she points the gun at katjaa..

it really is fking simple IF your not using a worn out xbox pad...

• Not sure if this still matters to anyone anymore, but I found that Brenda stares at Lee for a while, then glances down at Katjaa. I've done it at least twice, and if you only move forward when she is looking at Katjaa (timing it correctly with speech), you can beat it.

• @skepticalguy90 said: Not sure if this still matters to anyone anymore, but I found that Brenda stares at Lee for a while, then glances down at Katjaa. I've done it at least twice, and if you only move forward when she is looking at Katjaa (timing it correctly with speech), you can beat it.

it's all to do with brenda's gun...

• tubaros have you ever paid attention to brenda and NOT lee ?
    Hi yes, I honestly have tried everything-Ive watched when she looks down, ive stopped in a complete mix - Ive even done it so much Ive tried when her expression changes, lol

are you using a controller ?
    No, PC, so keyboard and mouse, which is where I think the issue stems

yes video it then we know
    I'll capture it on Wegame later or tomorrow

but ultimately when brenda says stop you HAVE to stop and when the dialogue comes up always pick the top one.. and don't move till she points the gun at katjaa..
    all the above already tried :-(

it really is fking simple IF your not using a worn out xbox pad...
    I know it is, and that's what's so frustrating for me and other gamers that are also experiencing it - not everyone on this thread but enough for it to be a valid gripe. Honestly, I see how simple it is - just move forward, read the queues from Brenda and make sure you don't overstep a point, but the engine kicks in and makes Lee do another few frames of animation, if you haven't stopped at the right cycle and thats it, game over :-(

More frustrating than anything is its a game that has offered such an excellent experience. I'd hate to go into episode 3 having missed any choices or important story threads

• sorry if i was harsh matey

i use a mirco soft /razer keyboard

and lee never moves with out my pressing the w and thats with varying pressure and timing.. i'll try the arrow keys.

maybe try and turn you brightness up so you can see brenda if i could figure out how to get a brief vid up i'll do one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIFCH7Pq-6w&feature=youtu.be

theres a link to my 'first vid' quality ain't bad and my voice does settle down lol don't be too hard on me !

• no worries - didnt think u were being harsh :-), thanks for the advice

wegames client download is down at the moment so i cant record but ill try when i can with an alternative. sods law itll work first time and itll be a video of me completing it, lol

• this video shows it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TNov1KeYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

at 0.27, if you see when this person stops, for about 2/3 frames it ever so slightly continues and its that which is the issue. im going to try one last thing, dropping all res and detail down to minimum, in case its just a rendering issue - my pc is fine, but i just wonder if its that..

• hey tub can you edit your posts to join them up double posting is 'annoying'

yeah i see what you mean it's does look like a glitch

it's like the game knows you ain't moving but the animation has to complete and the game is detecting movement instead of control so you die..

if you look at my vid i move incrementally so i'm on the edge of progressing the scene..

• soz about the double posts - I didnt have my login and was remoting in on my ipad to my pc that was logged in , didnt think about edit post. This is all very strange, so Ill just keep trying, groundhog day style!!

Looks very smooth on your pc, btw

Add Comment