User Avatar Image

Do you think Lee is guilty?

posted by thestalkinghead on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Lee is a convicted murderer, but do you think he is actually a murderer or do you think he was wrongfully convicted?

he could have been covering for his wife, or set up, or he could have lost it and gone mad and killed the senator for banging his wife, or he could have planned the murder.

92 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Master of Aeons said: I want Lee to be guilty in all playthroughs. His motives might change by each ending or the way its changed him can be different, but I don't want one ending to dismiss his crime entirely. That's just bad writing.

    He needs to be held accountable for the crimes he has committed against a society that no longer exists.

  • @The_Cheshire_Cat said: He needs to be held accountable for the crimes he has committed against a society that no longer exists.

    Since you consider yourself an editor, I'll take the contradictory nature of your post to be a mockery of my point. Yes, I understand that Lee has no judge nor jury to face for his crimes. I don't however think that makes the entire thing moot. Lee's crime should show a flaw within him. In my estimation, it's that he is prone to taking harsh actions when pushed. His spirit being broken by learning of his wife's affair will probably fit nicely alongside the parallel experience of the traumatic events of the apocalypse.

    If he loses too much and things he holds sacred are stripped from him, he just may commit another heinous crime that cannot be as easily justified as the simple killings of the St. Johns (who if you kill them, get off pretty easy). If for instance, Lee were to strangle Kenny to death for apparantly leaving Clem to die, that would not only sicken Kenny's remaining family, anyone else who sees and Clem [it would be too awesome not to have her see such a scene], that's exactly what I'd want to see from this.

  • @Master of Aeons said: Since you consider yourself an editor, I'll take the contradictory nature of your post to be a mockery of my point. Yes, I understand that Lee has no judge nor jury to face for his crimes. I don't however think that makes the entire thing moot. Lee's crime should show a flaw within him. In my estimation, it's that he is prone to taking harsh actions when pushed. His spirit being broken by learning of his wife's affair will probably fit nicely alongside the parallel experience of the traumatic events of the apocalypse.

    If he loses too much and things he holds sacred are stripped from him, he just may commit another heinous crime that cannot be as easily justified as the simple killings of the St. Johns (who if you kill them, get off pretty easy). If for instance, Lee were to strangle Kenny to death for apparantly leaving Clem to die, that would not only sicken Kenny's remaining family, anyone else who sees and Clem [it would be too awesome not to have her see such a scene], that's exactly what I'd want to see from this.

    Bravo. I see what you mean. Though I don't suspect the game will go that deep into the mind of Lee (or character) that would not be a half bad event in the game.

  • Yeah, I doubt there will be an outcome where Lee is absolved entirely, as that would be lame even if you're playing as a nice guy. Dude's gotta have something to atone for, right? But I think you do have some choice as to Lee's intent regarding the crime, and perhaps some specific details. Based on some dialogue options, it seems up to you just HOW guilty Lee is, in whatever sense inferred.

  • Need some one who can crack a few heads together if need be and You're...urban, right? Kenny knows? Or is his neck that red? Im glad ttg didn't tiptoe around the fact Lee is African American, its makes it more immersive because there are pricks out there ready to judge people based on skin...or previous convictions...double whoa brah!

  • right so everyone wants lee to be a murderer and be real evil s.o.b ? who iced a senator who was bonking his 'ex' wife ?

    you actually want the game to tell you this ?

    wierd

    i'm ok either way and to have lee turn out to be innocent cos of how i play would seem a little daft i agree, but it would give some players a new perspective on lee imo.

  • @Milosuperspesh said: right so everyone wants lee to be a murderer and be real evil s.o.b ? who iced a senator who was bonking his 'ex' wife ?

    you actually want the game to tell you this ?

    wierd

    i'm ok either way and to have lee turn out to be innocent cos of how i play would seem a little daft i agree, but it would give some players a new perspective on lee imo.

    There's a difference between killing someone and being evil. Premeditated murder is evil. Walking in one some asshole you hate who's been doing your wife and killing him in a blind rage is not necessarily evil. That's who I think Lee is, someone who made a huge mistake.

    I think him being a sadistic evil murderer is against his character. Lee seems too nice in any set of choices to be that bad.

  • I don't know really. I'm trying to treat Carly with respect, and I'm trying to be truthful. With that in mind, if you talk with Carly, Lee can "honestly" admit that the whole ordeal was actually an accident. Hoping that my Lee is honest, I can't give a yes or no on this yet without more info.

  • Yes, he did it. Doesn't matter.

    One less Senator. That's ok. Someone will be there to take the seat. Then the ZA happens.

    "No worries", as we say here in Australia.

  • Do we really know?Lots of slips and falls in this game for Lee.Iam going with a connection to the Walkers or a Slip and Fall.:)

Add Comment