User Avatar Image

Would you save Lee or Clementine?

posted by MakersWax on - last edited - Viewed by 451 users

Throw out the caveat that the game would end if you were to let Lee die. At this point, if you were forced into a Doug/Carley situation and episode 3-5 were carried out from the perspective of *either* Lee or Clementine, who would you choose?

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    mz3

    Clem. Children first, even before myself.

  • It's not logical to save the child. She is not even of breeding age and cannot protect herself. If Lee dies she dies too.

    Save Lee, he is in the prime of his life, and still of breeding age.

  • @The_Cheshire_Cat said: It's not logical to save the child. She is not even of breeding age and cannot protect herself. If Lee dies she dies too.

    Save Lee, he is in the prime of his life, and still of breeding age.



    If the history of the human race was to never save the child at the cost of one's own life, we wouldn't have gone very far as a species.

    What's more important is to make sure that people surviving with small children such as Clementine or Duck to find other suitable adults with which to help take care of said child if you ever have to make that choice. Lee should have that (having a combination of Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Doug/Carly, and even Ben to choose from).

    Therefore, the logical choice is not to make sure that Lee survives at all costs, but rather to set up Clementines survival even IF Lee should pay the ultimate price. Welcome to parenthood!:p

  • @Sisterofshane said:
    What's more important is...small children such as Clementine or Duck...



    *Lee pushes the raft out from shore, bleeding out in the ocean. Clem and Duck look down to him*
    Lee: It's up to you two now. You have to survive. You have to repopulate...
    *Lee floats off*
    Duck: I'm the captain!
    *Clem drowns Duck*

  • Easier than typing:D
    [ATTACH]3112[/ATTACH]

  • @Sisterofshane said: If the history of the human race was to never save the child at the cost of one's own life, we wouldn't have gone very far as a species.

    What's more important is to make sure that people surviving with small children such as Clementine or Duck to find other suitable adults with which to help take care of said child if you ever have to make that choice. Lee should have that (having a combination of Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Doug/Carly, and even Ben to choose from).

    Therefore, the logical choice is not to make sure that Lee survives at all costs, but rather to set up Clementines survival even IF Lee should pay the ultimate price. Welcome to parenthood!:p



    I think it's usually spare ones own child. Our shared human history is full of stories of killing [OTHER] children specifically because they are the future.

    But since we are speaking of a hypothetical situation I forward this idea..

    There is no grantee that Clem would find more adults at all, or that she would find some willing to take her in. Maybe those other characters are around to help, maybe they are not. And after seeing how Kenny is under fire does one really trust Larry to look after Clem? Your point is full of merit. Any other day of the week, save the children. But during the zombie outbreak kids are a liability or long term investment that one may or may not have the time to manage.

    I say full grown adult over kids.

  • @The_Cheshire_Cat said: I think it's usually spare ones own child. Our shared human history is full of stories of killing [OTHER] children specifically because they are the future.

    But since we are speaking of a hypothetical situation I forward this idea..

    There is no grantee that Clem would find more adults at all, or that she would find some willing to take her in. Maybe those other characters are around to help, maybe they are not. And after seeing how Kenny is under fire does one really trust Larry to look after Clem? Your point is full of merit. Any other day of the week, save the children. But during the zombie outbreak kids are a liability or long term investment that one may or may not have the time to manage.

    I say full grown adult over kids.



    Yes, history is rife with examples of both, but imagine the type of situation we are in here - zombies do not care about culture or genetics. The population of humans has been drastically reduced. Can we really afford to say that only our survival trumps all? You're only going to be a healthy adult for so long, and Lee is nearing his forties. Lack of advanced medical care is seriously going to shorten the amount of time that Lee is going to be capable of reproducing. Couple that with the fact that EVERYONE has a dramatically shortened lifespan, thanks to the ever-ominous zombie horde wandering around, looking to eat you as soon as possible. I find it more likely than not that Lee is not going to live long enough to breed.

    No matter if Lee wants his own children or not, Lee already has one he has been charged with taking care of (you may not want to, but the plot has railroaded a certain amount of care towards Clementine). Many people here would agree though that Clementine is probably the exact type of child you would WANT to live into adulthood. She is observant and helpful. It's probably better to take care of the child you already have, instead of imaginary children you MIGHT have, which would require even more care than Clementine.

    Also, Kenny is not the only person who is with Lee. There is Katjaa, already a mother, and who has shown an interest in Clementine and her well-being. Lilly or Doug/Carley could also step up to help Clementine if she once again finds herself with no one. At extremes, there is Ben, who at least would be someone to watch after her, even if he is young himself. At this point, I highly doubt that Clementine would be left "on her own" should something happen to Lee.


    And, as far as a Zombie apocalypse goes, the longer it goes on, the more likely you are to start thinking about the future of your race. If Clementine is too much of a liability, than so would any baby (that you could potentially have) be. If EVERYONE started running around saving adults over children, then there would be no way humanity would survive this long term. Eventually society will have to adopt the standpoint of putting children than women first if we want to continue on.

  • Hey, Can't argue with that. Sounds pretty logical to me.

  • I'd save Clem, because Lee really cares about her. She's like his redemption for murdering the senator an proving to himself that he's a good person, so if he lets her die it was all for nothing.

  • Lee of course, sorry citrus child i play for keeps

Add Comment