User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 16.7K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Without the means for programming, I'd love for Lee to return as protagonist and Clem as the deuteragonist.

• @CapnJay said: Sybil is pretty damn sexy

Ho yeah.

• I can't imagine Lee dying, What if Clementine's parents are really gone.
    Lee would be the only person left she has.
    Although what if only Her mom or Father is left.
    It depends actually we'll have to see at the end of Episode 5.
    Most likely Lee may still be alive, but for a new character that would be hard to see, considering we haven't seen more characters.
    A new character for Season 2 i would think if Clem's father is still alive it would be him.
    (I'm not really a walking dead fan, I've only been playing the game.)

• A season 2 wouldn't appeal to me if we don't play as lee.

• @SteveTheBox said: I can't imagine Lee dying, What if Clementine's parents are really gone.
    Lee would be the only person left she has.
    Although what if only Her mom or Father is left.
    It depends actually we'll have to see at the end of Episode 5.
    Most likely Lee may still be alive, but for a new character that would be hard to see, considering we haven't seen more characters.
    A new character for Season 2 i would think if Clem's father is still alive it would be him.
    (I'm not really a walking dead fan, I've only been playing the game.)

Bah, unless the whole group went to hell, she wouldn't be alone. People who saved Carley could trust her. If you sided with Kenny, and in case that he and his family survive, he could raise her with Duck.

There's Lilly too, but unless she comes back after the Woodbury Accident, and alive, she wouldn't be a option. There's Doug too, but... I don't know. I saved him and all, he seems like a good guy... But I just have that feeling that, if I trust the little girl to him... Well, you guys can imagine.

And of course the new girl who appears in the Chapter 3 Preview. I mean, who knows? :D

And I would really like to play as a Teen Clementine. She doesn't need to be sexy or something. But it would be nice if she happens to be cute.

• @SteveTheBox said: (I'm not really a walking dead fan, I've only been playing the game.)

You should try and read the combics, noone and i really mean noone is safe in TWD :)

• how about they give us a mass effect style create your own person from a set list of personalites ?

and some model choices ? heck even charge people a bit extra to make there own model yes i know that could be buggy as hell but if the skeleton of the models is the same and we have the range of thin to fat like lee/lilly to doug / brenda as a reference, voice wise would have to be stock choices.

and we meet an older clem even rescue her you know she likes it when complete strangers do that...

• I really hope Lee doesn't get replaced. I'm really afraid a older Duck will be the main character. In search of his ''childhood friend'' Clementine. But Clem abanded Duck for obvious reasons.

• i dont think it would be set far in the future, they might be stepping on kirkman's toes if they do, i dont even know if kirkman has said how long the zombies will survive, 5-10 years may be to much, and even if they do survive a lot would have happened in that time

• kirkman needs to have the walkers or the cause of the out break evolve into something else walkers will eventually rot away..

Add Comment