User Avatar Image

Season 3 and Bosco..

posted by boxman on - last edited - Viewed by 956 users

I bought the entire series some months back and finally reached s3 and was very disappointing how they got rid of Bosco and Jimmy two teeth.
Who the hell came up with the idea to get rid of that character and the voice actor for Bosco/Jimmy?
Is it just me who miss those characters?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They weren't necessary to Season 3's plot. But they're not "gotten rid of" - they may be back! They just need a reason to come back, is all.

• @Tora Newton Y. said: They weren't necessary to Season 3's plot. But they're not "gotten rid of" - they may be back! They just need a reason to come back, is all.

Let's hope there will be a new season then.
    I just loved that characters, so don't really understand why they got rid of him.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Ahhhh, no, it was well done how they did it. Bosco was talked about a lot, we've had a perfect explanation as to why he wasn't there, and after two BoscoSeasons, a pause was well needed. I was hoping for a cameo, just like Sybil had one. Maybe they're doing exactly that in Season 4.

• God knows where Jimmy's gone, though!

• @FrankT said: God knows where Jimmy's gone, though!

He was apparently voiced by the same voice actor as Bosco.
    When i discovered that Bosco seemed to be gone i searched it up on google and found a interview with the actor where he claimed that telltale told him that they did not need him anymore for third season, even though he was open for another season.

Here is the interview: http://samandmax.co.uk/2010/02/interview-with-joey-camen/
    Thanks for your time, Joey! Can we expect to hear more of you in season three?
    You’re welcome, Joe. As far as voicing Bosco again, I was told Bosco was not needed for season three. I’m serious. It can mean one of two things. They are telling the truth and cut out his character OR they simply cannot afford me anymore and have replaced me with another voice actor, which does happen more than you know. Such is showbiz. Write them and ask, where is Bosco? Let’s get a campaign going boys and girls.

• @Vainamoinen said: Ahhhh, no, it was well done how they did it. Bosco was talked about a lot, we've had a perfect explanation as to why he wasn't there, and after two BoscoSeasons, a pause was well needed. I was hoping for a cameo, just like Sybil had one. Maybe they're doing exactly that in Season 4.

Basically this.
    They were both major side-characters of the first 2 seasons, but weren't needed for the 3rd. Depending on what the plot of the 4th is, they may or may not be back for it. Again, it depends on if they're needed.

• @Tora Newton Y. said: Basically this.
    They were both major side-characters of the first 2 seasons, but weren't needed for the 3rd. Depending on what the plot of the 4th is, they may or may not be back for it. Again, it depends on if they're needed.

Then they need to make sure they are needed . :p
    Bosco is just too good of a character to not include.
    One of the main things I looked forward to was to visit bosco store.

• I'm not that bothered about it, you could see the lessening of the characters coming up to it. The multi-chaptered story didn't really require many recurring characters. I like Bosco and Jimmy Two Teeth as characters but found having there each episode restricted the places they could go. Sam and Max is all about chaotic things happening and going on crazy adventures having to go back to the street to find ouit what new disguise Bosco was wearing or what was Sybils new job was to solve each of the problems made he game world seem really small. The characters also made the game formulaic which is something Sam & Max shouldn't be.

• It is interesting that the voice actor was available and willing and yet Telltale decided not to use him. I get that Bosco and Jimmy would not have worked as reoccurring characters because of the way the story was structured but it does seem like they could have given one or both characters cameos at some point.

I always just assumed the voice actor was unavailable for some reason and they had to write around it. If they do do a season 4 I think they'll have to bring Bosco back in some capacity.

• @Woodsyblue said: It is interesting that the voice actor was available and willing and yet Telltale decided not to use him. I get that Bosco and Jimmy would not have worked as reoccurring characters because of the way the story was structured but it does seem like they could have given one or both characters cameos at some point.

I always just assumed the voice actor was unavailable for some reason and they had to write around it. If they do do a season 4 I think they'll have to bring Bosco back in some capacity.

During Season 3 I think we were all feeling over-exposed to Bosco, and felt that his story had a pretty good end at the conclusion of Season 2 (a season which over time was revealed to be almost entirely about Bosco and his activities). Fun Bosco fact: He almost came back somewhere in Season 3 (we had talked about him bursting through a wall in a crazy suit like the load lifter from Aliens, made out of Bluster Blaster's body, saving Sam & Max in a pinch, and having Sam & Max say "hey it's our old friend Bosco!") but the story ended up going a different way and that moment fell out.

Add Comment