User Avatar Image

Will Lilly Leave the Group?

posted by The Jubster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Major spoilers for both The Governor story arc in the comics and Episode 2 of the game await

You know, being a long-time reader of the comics (Although I stopped reading at Issue 48), I almost feel ashamed of myself to have not realised that Lilly from the game was Lilly from the comics, the same woman who:

SPOILERS

Kills both Lori Grimes and then The Governor, and also appears in The Walking Dead novel series .

/SPOILERS

Now, in the comics, Lilly resides in the town of Woodbury, home of The Governor, arch-nemesis of Rick Grimes. In The Walking Dead game series, the group are rumoured to end up in Woodbury in the 3rd episode. Now, this begs the question, will Lilly leave? Almost certainly yes, unless the group returns to Woodbury later in the series, something I find highly doubtful.

If so, why will she leave? Whilst I was playing Episode 2, I was certain that Larry would die in Woodbury, thus causing Lilly to leave the group in a kind-of, "None of you tried to save him" way. Then I finished Episode 2. So, what DOES cause her to leave. The next logical answer would be everyone siding with Kenny, but what if you side with her like I did? (FYI, I sided with Kenny the entire time up until the scene in the Meat Locker with Larry).

So, what do y'all think?

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lin001 said: Well, could be that too. But then, people would want to know how she escaped of those bandits and went to Woodbury.

note i didn't say bandits as i was attempting to sublty imply she would be captured by michone or another of the guvnah's towns people

• Oh, now I get it, Milo.

Guys, if any of you still had doubts about Lilly quittin'... Look what I found:

• Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - August 2012
    o Chapter 1 - Goodbye, She Quietly Says
    o Chapter 2 - Bad Blood
    o Chapter 3 - Hit The Road
    o Chapter 4 - Woodbury Bound
    o Chapter 5 - Rumbling Down The Track
    o Chapter 6 - Can't Save 'em All
    o Chapter 7 - Tools For The Job
    o Chapter 8 - Lend Me Your Ears

Of course it could referring about the Motel, but I think it's highly unlikely... Sad thing she have to get out in the first Chapter.

Oh, and look at the name. "... She Quietly says". It just reinforces the theory about the note! :D

• My theory on the whole game is that Lily and Kenny are being set up as a binary villain. Depending on who you side with, the other becomes the big bad. If you're allied with Lily, the reason you don't join her in Woodbury is because you're a known killer and are barred from entering. I haven't guessed out the Kenny side of the arc, and it's irrelevant to this thread.

I don't think it's as simple as her just leaving; everyone would pick Woodbury as a safe haven. But why Lee isn't there as part of the later canon could be pretty easily explained: he's dead or was denied access.

• @trd84 said: I don't think she leaves. I think she gets separated somehow.

Right now, she seems to be pretty pissed at the group as a whole. I think she'll just run away.

• @Lin001 said: Oh, now I get it, Milo.

o Chapter 2 - Bad Blood

Of course it could referring about the Motel, but I think it's highly unlikely... Sad thing she have to get out in the first Chapter.

Oh, and look at the name. "... She Quietly says". It just reinforces the theory about the note! :D

I think Lilly leaves the group next episode too but we have to take into account the preview of next episode.

No spoilers here just WAG's (wild ass guessing)

Chapter 1 - Goodbye, She Quietly Says - ?
    Chapter 2 - Bad Blood - May refer to when we see Lee shoot the bandit
    Chapter 3 - Hit The Road - They all leave the motel together since they are all shown arguing on the roadside by the RV later on.
    Chapter 4 - Woodbury Bound - This may be where the group, less Kenny and his family and Ben, deciede to go with Lilly. Kenney goes to the coast with family and Ben as seen in the preview.
    Chapter 5 - Rumbling Down The Track - Where Lee and Clem are shown riding in a train car.
    Chapter 6 - Can't Save 'em All - this may be where Lee, Clem and Carley get seperated from Lilly. Only Lilly goes to Woodbury. Lee goes opposite way.
    Chapter 7 - Tools For The Job - maybe Lee finds some weapons and ammo
    Chapter 8 - Lend Me Your Ears - ?

• User Avatar Image
    mz3

I think She(lilly) depends on our(lee) decisions to go or stay:(
    so we can not say certainly she goes:)

• @Lin001 said: Oh, now I get it, Milo.

o Chapter 2 - Bad Blood

Maybe they went back and buried Larry and that's what it's is referring to.

• @Zeruis said: Right now, she seems to be pretty pissed at the group as a whole. I think she'll just run away.

She just seems upset with kenny in my main play through.

• 3rd episode? Too soon. All that'll leave is Katja on my Doug playthough. I don't want my survivor group to end up a sausage fest.

• @Gennadios said: 3rd episode? Too soon. All that'll leave is Katja on my Doug playthough. I don't want my survivor group to end up a sausage fest.

I've been mulling around the idea that perhaps we head to Woodbury, but Lilly doesn't leave the group at that time. It could be possible that she stays with us to the end of the story, and at that point extenuating circumstances lead her BACK to Woodbury.

In all honesty though, I think she's leaving. The death of her father had to be pretty traumatic, and episode three would be the ample time to have her "split".

Add Comment