30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ezzetabi said:
    About the cake I saw Sam read the recipe, and Stinky spoke about it. Yet it would be far too complex for a emergency situation just the one at the end of the game.
    Just a normal cake with the 101 model played better the role imo.

People need to stop complaining about the plausibility of things that happen in the Sam & Max games. They're an anthropomorphic dog and rabbity-thing (who happens to be the US president too) that fight crime and are befriended by the likes of rats, the head of a statue and the devil. They drove to the moon in a desoto (twice). They died at a zombie rave. They saved Christmas by exorcising a demon. They shot Sybil in the head with a rat fired from a small cannon. The games and events aren't meant to be plausible.

• @RobD said: People need to stop complaining about the plausibility of things that happen in the Sam & Max games. They're an anthropomorphic dog and rabbity-thing (who happens to be the US president too) that fight crime and are befriended by the likes of rats, the head of a statue and the devil. They drove to the moon in a desoto (twice). They died at a zombie rave. They saved Christmas by exorcising a demon. They shot Sybil in the head with a rat fired from a small cannon. The games and events aren't meant to be plausible.

Well said!

• wait... sam and max is not plausible??? BLASPHEMY!!!

• About the cake I saw Sam read the recipe, and Stinky spoke about it. Yet it would be far too complex for a emergency situation just the one at the end of the game.
    Just a normal cake with the 101 model played better the role imo.

Why the heck would that be too complex? It's just a base "what the eff do I have to work with" puzzle combined with the magic of tv cooking time. A regular cake would have been boring by comparison anyways. No 'red' frosting.

• User Avatar Image
    Jai

Yeah, that daggum hell-cake was either way less complex or way more complex than baking the cake in that cooking show for Whizzer! Why didn't we have a billion different-looking casseroles and cakes for the cooking show! And I can't BELIEVE how all of the characters always look exactly the same except for when they don't! RAWRG! JAI WILL SMASH!

• I always remember an episode of "Doug" where Doug actually opens his closet to dozens of the same outfit. It's simple animation logic. People always look exactly the same so that they are easily recognizable. If you start changing up the clothes too much, those who may be slightly unfamiliar with the character may get confused. That and can you imagine the pain to design and animate a different set of clothes for every episode of a cartoon?

• @Peril said: That and can you imagine the pain to design and animate a different set of clothes for every episode of a cartoon?

Not EVERY eppisode, but I've seen some characters acctualyl change clothes between a set of 4-8 outfits. Though usually they do have 1 outfit ot dozens of identical ones...

I do understand, but I also point out that S+M is not a kiddy game, adults can tell quite easily that the dog is sam, no matter what he's wearing... I do understand the horrible pain of making new outfits... in involes using a different texture file for skinning the wireframe........ (yes I've done 3D animation and I know it *Can* be dont this simply, though I dont know if TT is set up to do it that way or not...

• User Avatar Image
    Jai

@Ashton said: This acctually is a pet peeve of mine for TV/Comics/games... do you know ANYONE that has 100 of the exacty same shirt/pants/shoes/etc in their closite? anyone? I think it'd be nice to see sam wearing a different tie once in a while or featherly with a different sweater or Yergen wearing a jacket or stuff like that.

Well, uh . . . I interpreted what I said . . . differently.

Plus, Sam only HAS that one tie.

• @Peril said: I always remember an episode of "Doug" where Doug actually opens his closet to dozens of the same outfit. It's simple animation logic. People always look exactly the same so that they are easily recognizable. If you start changing up the clothes too much, those who may be slightly unfamiliar with the character may get confused. That and can you imagine the pain to design and animate a different set of clothes for every episode of a cartoon?

Doug and Ernest influenced my fashion sense. My closet is literally filled with the same outfit.

Add Comment