User Avatar Image

Season 3 may have been the last

posted by FrankT on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users

Well correct me if I'm wrong... but I fear that Season 3 may well have been the last Sam & Max season, and a Season 4 isn't being planned. :( Well how else can we explain the sudden appearance of all the living characters in the finale?! And I'm taking into account the fact that it was made a few years after S2 - maybe it was a comeback special or something! Your thoughts?

102 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @boxman said: And probably a end to good old point and click adventures...
    If telltale completely abandon more traditional point and click games, then I will abandon telltale as a company as well.
    I thought walking dead was pretty entertaining, but there is absolutely no real gameplay or puzzles. It is basically for me like a interactive movie with very simplified gameplay.

Double Fine Adventure, as well as a bunch of other new point n' clicks that have been announced.

• @Marsbergen said: Double Fine Adventure, as well as a bunch of other new point n' clicks that have been announced.

Fables and the Kings Quest reboot, anyone?
    Seriously. Adventure games are still popular, maybe not mainstream popular like they once were, but more than enough of a niche to keep it going as a genre. Telltale's whole model as a company is adventure, puzzle, and story-driven games, so it's really silly to think they're going to ever abandon that.

There'll be more Sam & Max someday! I know it sucks waiting, but you want it to be good when Telltale can dedicate the time to it, yeah? Just keep being a Sam & Max fan and supporting the franchise - it'll never die as long as we, the fandom, don't!

• @Marsbergen said: Double Fine Adventure, as well as a bunch of other new point n' clicks that have been announced.

I meant from telltale. I know there are other developers/companies that make point and click adventures as well.

• @Tora Newton Y. said: Fables and the Kings Quest reboot, anyone?
    Seriously. Adventure games are still popular, maybe not mainstream popular like they once were, but more than enough of a niche to keep it going as a genre. Telltale's whole model as a company is adventure, puzzle, and story-driven games, so it's really silly to think they're going to ever abandon that.

There'll be more Sam & Max someday! I know it sucks waiting, but you want it to be good when Telltale can dedicate the time to it, yeah? Just keep being a Sam & Max fan and supporting the franchise - it'll never die as long as we, the fandom, don't!

I am just afraid that they will abandon more traditional point and click games with the success of the walking dead.
    Walking dead and jurassic park just isn't a point and click for me and has hardly any gameplay at all.
    I really hope i am wrong on this though.

• @boxman said: I am just afraid that they will abandon more traditional point and click games with the success of the walking dead.
    Walking dead and jurassic park just isn't a point and click for me and has hardly any gameplay at all.
    I really hope i am wrong on this though.

Fables I dunno, but a freaking KINGS QUEST reboot not being an adventure game?
    Come on. :P

• @Tora Newton Y. said: Fables I dunno, but a freaking KINGS QUEST reboot not being an adventure game?
    Come on. :P

I never said that did i? And that was a game that has been planned long before the release of walking dead afaik.
    And from what I have read it is seems like people are unsure if it will ever even get released.
    And even their adventure games have been dumbed down majorily like for example back to the future, which hardly had any puzzles at all. And if there was puzzles the game would sometimes tell you straight out what to do even with hint level set to off.

• I would enjoy a season 4 of Sam and Max hopefully someday it comes out, maybe they just don;t have enough people to spread out on stuff who knows.

• @boxman said: I never said that did i? And that was a game that has been planned long before the release of walking dead afaik.
    And from what I have read it is seems like people are unsure if it will ever even get released.
    And even their adventure games have been dumbed down majorily like for example back to the future, which hardly had any puzzles at all. And if there was puzzles the game would sometimes tell you straight out what to do even with hint level set to off.

... I think you might have some weird ideas of what's a puzzle and what's not. There were LOTS of puzzles in Back to the Future. Lots of really good ones, too!
    Maybe you're just too good at them, adventures games are too easy for you now. :P

• @Tora Newton Y. said: There were LOTS of puzzles in Back to the Future. Lots of really good ones, too!

dzEsm.jpg

• @Woodsyblue said: dzEsm.jpg

:/
    EASIER puzzles maybe, but still puzzles. They were just as much puzzles as the ones in other Telltale games I've played.
    Look, I wasn't raised with Sierra or LucasArts's moon logic bullcrap. To me, "get cat hair to make a fake mustache to impersonate a guy who doesn't even have a mustache" isn't a puzzle, it's a brain aneurysm.
    I'll stick to Sam & Max and Back to the Future with their "non-puzzles" according to you then, thanks very much.

Add Comment