User Avatar Image

am being told I don't have a walking dead license on my account :O

posted by Makroskizhar on - last edited - Viewed by 547 users

So, late late on Wednesday night, I paid for the almost everything bundle.

I immediately downloaded and installed The Walking Dead, and played through the entire episode.

However, now, whenever I try to load up the game, I am being told that I do not have a license for this game attached to my account... I am sorry if something like this has been posted about elsewhere, I couldn't find anything relating to this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had the same problem untill I uninstalled the game, deleted the program folder and registry entries manually, rebooted and it works!

• I'll try that when I get home tonight, as I totally forgot about the registry.

• @Vainamoinen said: Is this still an issue right now, Makro, or can you again?

What you can try - and works for me - is to usually play disconnected from the internet; but I think you will have to perform a successful server communication first again for that to work.

Update to my issue... yeah this is still a problem. :( I have had contact with Customer Support since my first post and they claimed that it had somehow been removed from my list of active games on my account, to which they said they had placed it back on the list, ensuring me that I should be able to play again...

I have now contacted Customer Support another two times since. Still having the same issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled et al and am just getting over it. Will try DjNDB's idea later when I am not too annoyed to be bothered.

EDIT: I guess I should point out that I am not using the Steam-activated version, as I placed my order for the almost everything pack on the TTG website direct and downloaded it from here... mayhaps I should have gone the steam route... lol

EDIT: DjNB, your suggestion didn't work for me. *sigh* I am getting to the point where I think I will just ask for my damn money back, since out of a number of emails I have received only one reply from Telltale Games thus far and that was extremely unhelpful. My account page clearly reflects the walking dead as having an active license, but no amount of uninstall and reinstalls, nor anything else I have tried has worked. Boo-urns!

• Can you send me a PM with your ticket number, please, Makroskizhar?

• Hi guys,
    maybe you can help me.
    I buoght the game to play it on my Mac.
    As the payment was done, I got a .exe file.
    No way to open it on my mac.
    So, I opened that file on a Pc in my office.
    No way, it says I do not have any license.
    Same problem of Makroskizhar.
    I have deleted the game (folders included) and re-installed it 4 times.
    No way.
    Then I followed all the suggestions of DjNDB... no results...

First of all, I wanted to purchase the game for my Mac, and I didn't get the correct file.
    Second, it doesn't work on the PC...
    Please, someone can help me ??
    Thank you,
    Fabrizio

• i actually have the same issue,

just bought the game few hours ago and when i launch the game and enter my login information, that say i've no licence and ask me to go their site to buy one..

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@fabrirome said: I bought the game to play it on my Mac.
    As the payment was done, I got a .exe file.
    No way to open it on my mac.
    First of all, I wanted to purchase the game for my Mac, and I didn't get the correct file.

If you bought the game from the Telltale Store, you should have two different download links (one for PC and one for Mac with the Apple logo) available from your "My Telltale" page.

• Hi MacFly, I do not find the link to download the mac version.
    Is that possible that after downloading the PC version the link expires ?
    Thank you

• @Mike said: Can you send me a PM with your ticket number, please, Makroskizhar?

Sure thing Mike, sending you a PM right now with both my issue ticket number and my order number from my original purchase.

• ive just had the same issue. for some reason, reconnecting the internet solved it. but now it tells me to visit the PLAYSTATION 3 store to download episode 2... on my pc. seriously, as much as i love the game i do hate that telltale dlc crap. it never works as supposed :(

Add Comment