User Avatar Image

am being told I don't have a walking dead license on my account :O

posted by Makroskizhar on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

So, late late on Wednesday night, I paid for the almost everything bundle.

I immediately downloaded and installed The Walking Dead, and played through the entire episode.

However, now, whenever I try to load up the game, I am being told that I do not have a license for this game attached to my account... I am sorry if something like this has been posted about elsewhere, I couldn't find anything relating to this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can you send me a PM with your ticket number, please, Makroskizhar?

• Hi guys,
    maybe you can help me.
    I buoght the game to play it on my Mac.
    As the payment was done, I got a .exe file.
    No way to open it on my mac.
    So, I opened that file on a Pc in my office.
    No way, it says I do not have any license.
    Same problem of Makroskizhar.
    I have deleted the game (folders included) and re-installed it 4 times.
    No way.
    Then I followed all the suggestions of DjNDB... no results...

First of all, I wanted to purchase the game for my Mac, and I didn't get the correct file.
    Second, it doesn't work on the PC...
    Please, someone can help me ??
    Thank you,
    Fabrizio

• i actually have the same issue,

just bought the game few hours ago and when i launch the game and enter my login information, that say i've no licence and ask me to go their site to buy one..

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@fabrirome said: I bought the game to play it on my Mac.
    As the payment was done, I got a .exe file.
    No way to open it on my mac.
    First of all, I wanted to purchase the game for my Mac, and I didn't get the correct file.

If you bought the game from the Telltale Store, you should have two different download links (one for PC and one for Mac with the Apple logo) available from your "My Telltale" page.

• Hi MacFly, I do not find the link to download the mac version.
    Is that possible that after downloading the PC version the link expires ?
    Thank you

• @Mike said: Can you send me a PM with your ticket number, please, Makroskizhar?

Sure thing Mike, sending you a PM right now with both my issue ticket number and my order number from my original purchase.

• ive just had the same issue. for some reason, reconnecting the internet solved it. but now it tells me to visit the PLAYSTATION 3 store to download episode 2... on my pc. seriously, as much as i love the game i do hate that telltale dlc crap. it never works as supposed :(

• Update to my Issue... almost 2 years later this is still happening... I made a post on the Telltale games Facebook page a few days ago and there has been no response.

So here is a cut and paste of that post.

So guys... I am a bit annoyed, to be perfectly truthful... I am still having issues with my saved games disappearing and being told that I don't have a license for The Walking Dead when I purchased the full Season pass back when Episode 1 of Season 1 was released.

As a result, I have not been able, to this day, to even play Episode 5 as there really is no point in even bothering if all my decisions are just going to disappear. I have had to play through each and every damn episode, each time a new one was released just to get all my decisions back, because the same thing has been happening since Episode 2.

Which means I have played through some episodes 4 times already, and I really don't have the patience to go through that all again if I have to start over once more because I decide I want to take a break from content I have already seen.

Is there EVER going to be a fix to this?

Or am I going to have to spend the money to purchase the game AGAIN, only for xbox now? Because I really don't want to have to pay for the game twice just to be able to complete it and have the choices I have made count.

• I should point out that, as frustrating as this issue is, and as annoyed as it is making me, the game in and of itself is absolutely brilliant and I am extremely happy with the play experience when I have actually been able to play it. This goes for the other games I have, that have been created by this company.

My frustration extends, not from an annoyance at Telltale Games, but at the fact that I STILL have yet to even be able to begin Season 1, Episode 5 with my decisions intact, and now Season 2 has started.

I really would like to be able to begin on the 2nd Season, but it's not worth me paying for, if I can't even complete Season 1.

• User Avatar Image
    TelltaleMike Telltale Staff
    I apologize for the inconvenience, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

EDIT: My apologies, links do not seem to be working at the moment. If you can, please go to our Support Forum at the top of the page, then click on The Walking Dead: Season One. Then click on The Walking Dead PC/Mac Support on the right, and then click on the Sticky Thread called 'TWD: Support tool for information gathering'

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.
Add Comment