User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.1K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What? You didn't enjoy Bane Rises?

• @St_Eddie said: My, my; what a well written review. You certainly make a compelling argument. There I was, thinking that 'Pulp Fiction' was a well written, directed and acted film but your wordsmith genius has convinced me otherwise. Fuck that shit indeed!

I made the same error. Thank god Noname0815 made me open my eyes and realise, that the movie is shit. Before I just thought it had too many segments that are much too long.

• You know, I'm not the biggest fan of Doug's reviews, but it's good to see he finally went after Temple of Doom.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Link in case anyone's wondering what Johro means by that.

Also, I very much disagree with the statement that 'Temple of Doom sucks'. It's a different film style to the others, but that's not automatically a bad thing. Though yeah, the sidekicks are rather annoying, I'll give you that.

• not seen the review yet, but I will still comment.

Of the trilogy, Temple of Doom is way more disgusting, disturbing and annoying; and it stretches the expectation for suspension of disbelief too far comparatively.

• @Chyron8472 said: not seen the review yet, but I will still comment.

Of the trilogy, Temple of Doom is way more disgusting, disturbing and annoying; and it stretches the expectation for suspension of disbelief too far comparatively.

It's also the perfect pulp adventure flick embodying pulps of the 30s. So I wouldn't recommend reading any of those then if Temple bothers you.

I'm going to write Doug's review off btw on the basis that he once said Donovan was the villain of Raiders. Anybody that makes that mistake doesn't know jack shit about what they're talking about.

Oh wait, Brad Jones is in this one....okay I'll watch.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

You can watch it - that doesn't mean you have to agree with it (which I don't).

• You do know that Doug writes the entire scripts right? That includes the counterpoints from Brad. Obviously he doesn't hate it as much as his character implies, but he also cannot ignore that it is widely considered a flawed film(he has previously stated, in character, that he was a fan of the whole original trilogy.. which apparently now he has contradicted).

One of the reasons I started to dislike Doug was how separate he has made the NC identity from himself. I'm aware he has always been acting, but there was a point a while back when the points he was making began contradicting his personal opinions and it showed. It isn't a factor of fame, it just started to seem forced to me and he became overly predictable. I don't hate him, but he went from being the reason I visited his site, to being maybe #4 or #5.

• @GuruGuru214 said: The Boondock Saints II: All Saint's Day: 8/10

Who ordered the whoop ass fajitas?

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

The Crow: Wicked Prayer - 3/10

Rewatched this for my latest video and my god, I'd really forgotten just how truly bad it is. David Boreanez is so unbelievably terrible in his role as Lucifer it's unreal. Such a complete mess of a film.

Add Comment