User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.3K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Super Mario Bros movie(yes the live-action one with Bob Hoskins)- 5.7 out of 10. I didnt enjoy it, its a bit of an understatement why a bunch of Nintendo fans pretend this never happened(not even Nintendo for that matter). But the acting was alright. I hated how the Goombas didnt even LOOK like Goombas. Same with Yoshi. This is the reason why we never had anything else adapted into movies from Nintendo?

• The Amazing Spider-Man - 8% - Mind-blowingly bad

I hated this movie. I hated it from the time it started, to the time it ended, with my hate growing with every second. I pointed and laughed at scenes in this. The acting was horrible. The effects were horrible. The 90s called. They want their CGI back. The characters were terrible. The action was terrible. The story was terrible. Each individual scene was terrible and filled with problems. The movie is horrifyingly bad. It's worse than Batman and Robin. It's worse than Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Worse than Elektra. Worse than The Incredible Hulk. Worse than Manos The Hands of Fate.

What the flying crap. I yelled f- you at this movie as I left. What a trainwreck. My friends were laughing and groaning as it went on. One of them lost interest halfway through. How did they make it so bad? How did it get so many good reviews? Near the end, we turned into complete assholes who ripped into this movie as loudly as we wanted and we no longer cared. This movie demands no courtesy or respect. Theater attendants and ushers came in to take us out but stopped because it was Spider-Man and it deserved that shit. F- you, Marc Webb. You made it okay for us to disturb the peace ranting against your shitty movie.

As Spoony once said...BETRAYAL! BETRAYED ME! THIS MOVIE SUUUUUUUUCKED!

• ^ This is why I'm going to be watching The Lorax on wednesday.
    (Though its going to be interesting how that movie holds up as well. Probably won't be great, but its probably not going to be as bad as that! XD)

• Highlander: The Source. 1/10.

No. Just... no. Here's the film in 5 minutes. It's all you'll need to understand why.

• I didn't even watch the last two. The third absolutely killed the franchise for me. Yes, the second was a bad movie, but I have to admit it's a guilty pleasure. Connery and Ironside are so ridiculous, I can't say I wish it wasn't made. They took a decent film and made it into an over the top farce, but at least they did something. The third was just a waste of time and the others just look like nothing.

• Endgame is basically three different scripts mashed together with no thought as to whether the story created had any sense of direction or flow. It also suffered from a terribly written Conner and one of the worst actors alive today (Bruce Payne, a more appropriate surname I couldn't imagine).

The Source is just 90 minutes of pain that I wouldn't inflict on anyone. You did well not seeing either.

• @Darth Marsden said: Endgame is basically three different scripts mashed together with no thought as to whether the story created had any sense of direction or flow. It also suffered from a terribly written Conner and one of the worst actors alive today (Bruce Payne, a more appropriate surname I couldn't imagine).

The Source is just 90 minutes of pain that I wouldn't inflict on anyone. You did well not seeing either.

Wasn't the Spoony Review (TM) enough to scare everyone off?

• The Spoony One's review sadly has him talking over a lot of the footage, so it's hard to see just how bad the acting & dialogue really is, the Guardian especially. You get a hint of it in the video I linked. It's all you'll need though.

• 517W9ZpGLzL.jpg

For the last time, hopefully. Planet Terror in the heavily cut German single-release version.
    A lot of the gory & disgusting scenes were cut out of it (which are intact in the Grindhouse version I ordered yesterday) but it has a little more dialogue than the grindhouse cut. I still love it. All of it. Really looking forward to my Grindhouse double feature 3 DVD set to arrive soon.

9.5/10

later today: Death Proof. The single movie version.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 8/10

A simply wonderful cast, very strong characters and a long overdue movie with mostly "elderly" actors. Although a lot of storytelling conventions are adhered to, you're never too sure where the journey goes, and you follow this wacky bunch of mostly retired misfits with pure joy. I'm pretty sure that a lot of additional scenes were filmed, but cut due to length issues. But these days, I sincerely appreciate the filmmakers' effort to not churn out three hour movie after three hour movie any more.

I consider the all too positive portrayal of call centers (in general, not only in India) - those that pressure senior citizens to buy their crap - to be the single major fuckup. Ruins a lot for me, but that's a sore spot for me personally.

Add Comment