User Avatar Image

About Larry...

posted by izzywozzy on - last edited - Viewed by 781 users

Do you miss him as a character? Perhaps he was hostile towards Lee, but I personally felt such a character was both necessary and beneficial to the storyline.

But perhaps his death was in fact necessary, in order to gain a closer relationship to Lilly/Kenny.

What do you think? Please vote and share your comments.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote=umbral;643195]meh, if i could actually control lee, i'd have blown that fu*ker away myself.[/quote]

"live damn you live so i can kill you myself"

• @fanganga said: Larry seemed to be the natural choice for the "off a survivor before he turns scene". I'd become used to thinking of Kenny as the heart of the group and Lilly as the head - so of course we have to have a scene where Kenny has to be the cold, hard-assed survivalist and Lilly has to deal with a huge emotional blow.

It's pretty much the exact opposite imo. Kenny wasn't being a survivalist so much as a panicky bitch in that scene. There really wasn't any good reason not to try to revive larry, it's not as if he would have turned instantly and after a few minutes with no pulse there are still tons of salt licks lying around.

• @izzywozzy said: Do you miss him as a character? Perhaps he was hostile towards Lee, but I personally felt such a character was both necessary and beneficial to the storyline.

But perhaps his death was in fact necessary, in order to gain a closer relationship to Lilly/Kenny.

What do you think? Please vote and share your comments.

Well....Larry is in a better place now. I'll not speak ill of the dead. I'm sad that Larry is gone only because I don't like to see Lilly so sad.

I think that such a character like Larry that hates everyone equally and with such vigor and venom makes a computer game hard to play and just dominates the storyline. Should be smooth sailing from now on.

• Did anyone else check his other pockets? Lily's Mother's Ring is in one and his wallet is in the other

• @Mermaid said: Since Larry is / was a fictional character, I usually don't go that deep into thoughts like that...

Actually, I meant more of an "is this better for the plotline and overall story" kind of question, not really an in-depth discussion of his morals and such, but I really appreciate everyone's inputs!

• @Milosuperspesh said: erm two choices is multiple ?

if you had one choice it is singular..

so you choose lilly or kenny

you choose carley or doug

you choose to save clem

you choose to save duck/shaun

also if ttg made different paths would you wait 2months or more for each episode ? doubt it...

it's not really a choice if they both lead down the path same.

and it already takes them 2 months in between episodes. how about they just get a larger staff and complete the game first before releasing it? is that really so hard?

• Dawnguards buggy as hell and it had a large staff

• I expected Larry to be a constant antagonist and provide friction until the last episode. I'm glad he was killed in the second episode, not because I didn't like him, but because such a standard plot point is lazy and keeping him alive to keep a stale status quo is pointless. Instead, his character was quickly taken where he needed to and it pushed Lily into furthering her character arc. That's good writing.

• Everyone can agree, Larry is a douchebag, but even though he has problems, he is a strong member of the group. In my opinion, if he hadn't died, he would be the leader. I tried being more friendly towards Lilly so that Larry might treat me better. Kenny is a bad leader and Larry was a strong one.

• @HyperShot12 said: Everyone can agree, Larry is a douchebag, but even though he has problems, he is a strong member of the group. In my opinion, if he hadn't died, he would be the leader. I tried being more friendly towards Lilly so that Larry might treat me better. Kenny is a bad leader and Larry was a strong one.

You really think people would listen to Larry? All he does is fly off the handle and abuse everyone.

Add Comment