User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 10.5K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RetroVortex said: ^ This is why I'm going to be watching The Lorax on wednesday.
    (Though its going to be interesting how that movie holds up as well. Probably won't be great, but its probably not going to be as bad as that! XD)

The Lorax was... pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be, honestly.

• @RetroVortex said: ^ This is why I'm going to be watching The Lorax on wednesday.
    (Though its going to be interesting how that movie holds up as well. Probably won't be great, but its probably not going to be as bad as that! XD)

Oh, I recommend Spider-Man, if only to see just how BAD it really is. It's amazing how bad it is. I do not understand how anyone, especially Dashing, praised Uncle Ben's "arc" in the movie, which amounted to like three tiny scenes of screentime followed by his death. No. Emotional. Impact. I can't remember if it was like that in the Raimi version, but there it had impact of some sort, even with the Tobey cry.

I can't believe they played Coldplay over this movie. I can not believe that.

• @Secret Fawful said: Oh, I recommend Spider-Man, if only to see just how BAD it really is. It's amazing how bad it is. I do not understand how anyone, especially Dashing, praised Uncle Ben's "arc" in the movie, which amounted to like three tiny scenes of screentime followed by his death. No. Emotional. Impact. I can't remember if it was like that in the Raimi version, but there it had impact of some sort, even with the Tobey cry.

I can't believe they played Coldplay over this movie. I can not believe that.

Yeah, I imagined the film was basically Spiderman + Teen/tween culture garbage.

And though Raimi's films are flawed, I'd definately watch them again.
    (Even Spiderman 3! But mostly for the excellent portrayal of Sandman, and to laugh at EmoPeter scenes! XD)

Still the best adaption of spiderman so far to me has to be the 90's series.
    The best balance of focus on relatable issues on Peter Parker side, and the action and dangers of being Spiderman, on the Spiderman side.

EDIT: I think the only way one can actually do the comics justice is a straight adaption, ala Marvel Motion Comics.

(I watched Astonishing X-men on Netflix, and I'll be honest, when I say I loved it! :D)
    (I actually would like to track down and read the X-men comics that came after it)

• @RetroVortex said: Yeah, I imagined the film was basically Spiderman + Teen/tween culture garbage.

And though Raimi's films are flawed, I'd definately watch them again.
    (Even Spiderman 3! But mostly for the excellent portrayal of Sandman, and to laugh at EmoPeter scenes! XD)

Still the best adaption of spiderman so far to me has to be the 90's series.
    The best balance of focus on relatable issues on Peter Parker side, and the action and dangers of being Spiderman, on the Spiderman side.

EDIT: I think the only way one can actually do the comics justice is a straight adaption, ala Marvel Motion Comics.

(I watched Astonishing X-men on Netflix, and I'll be honest, when I say I loved it! :D)
    (I actually would like to track down and read the X-men comics that came after it)

I have to disagree with you on that because A. i loved the new Spiderman movie and B. I think Spectular Spiderman was better then the 90's show

• It wasn't Spider-Man + tween/teen culture. It was Spider-Man + bad acting, bad directing, and unbelievable stupidity.

• @Secret Fawful said: unbelievable stupidity.

229992_384581558267379_419762739_n.jpg

• @coolsome said: 229992_384581558267379_419762739_n.jpg

I could not believe that shit. You know what this movie reminds me of a LOT. Transformers.

It has that same stupid sense of humor that Transformers has. Like that scene in the train where Peter Parker awkwardly keeps beating people up and sticking to shit, while inadvertently ripping the clothes off of a woman who is obviously cast to show her big-ol titties. At some point I just leaned over and said to my comrades, "Ladies and gentlemen, the next Shia LeBeouf". I'm shocked the movie didn't provide us of an ass shot of Gwen Stacy at every available opportunity. Holy shit, the more I think about this movie, the more like Transformers it becomes.

• It reminded me of The Simpsons.

jk.png

• Not even Sting could've saved that movie.

• The film makers took all the love from Spiderman and threw it down the well.

Add Comment