User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 23.4K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: I've had that for ages, ryan. Do keep up. You're not the only one who enjoys classic PS2 games, you know.

HAHA jokes on you i had it pre-ordered :rolleyes:

• @RetroVortex said: Tempted to purchase R&C trilogy on store as it is £24. Not much more expensive, and still pretty good value.

Never played R&C, so I'm wondering if its really worthwhile.

If you're going to start, either start at the beginning or Tools of Destruction, you don't miss anything really in either. I have to say ToD is still one of my favourite games of all time, but I'm in the minority there so take that for what it's worth.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@RetroVortex said: Tempted to purchase R&C trilogy on store as it is £24. Not much more expensive, and still pretty good value.

Never played R&C, so I'm wondering if its really worthwhile.

The first game's not as refined and the second game's got a terrible plot, but they're still good games.

Would agree to go with the newer ones though, they're probably a better 'jumping in' point. The trilogy is really only for people who don't mind the basic nature of the games or who want to play the third one online.

@RetroVortex said: HAHA jokes on you i had it pre-ordered :rolleyes:stuff.png

• Know where you shouldn't start?

I was late to the PS2 party and the first Ratchet game I played was Deadlocked(I wasn't THAT late to the party, but UYA just came out). Yeah. The arcade game... without Clank... with other robots... with nothing really of a story... and a whole bunch of reoccurring characters I didn't know and was expected to. At the time, honestly, it was probably one of the most confusing triple A titles I played.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yeah, that's very much a pure combat game. Not a great place to start, but then the plot's mostly irrelevant with that one. It's just combat all the time. Samey, boring combat. Over. And over. And OVER. Ugh.

• @Darth Marsden said: It's not my picture - Google supplied it. Also, how the hell do you misspell 'dude'?

I really enjoyed the first Jak & Daxter, though not so much with the sequels. I like Mario-style games, and it was disappointing to see a great series go the GTA route. That's not to say J&D2 or 3 are bad of course, just that I'm not as fond of them as the first one.

Then again, the inverse is true of the Ratchet & Clank series. I really don't like the first one, but that's mostly down to the controls which suck compared to the rest of the series. But hey ho. Gladiator (or Deadlocked as we Brits call it) isn't a bad game, but it's very repetitive and there's not much actual humour. It's just combat, over and over again with the plot being in between the missions rather than the other way round like it used to be. Sigh.

I won't mention Sly Cooper because I haven't got round to playing them yet. I did get to the second 'world' in the first game, but that was years ago, so... yeah.

Steering this back onto topic, I last bought: a bottle of Coca-Cola and a bottle of Cherry Coke.

I think you got that mixed up. Gladiator is the Uk name (i know this because i live in the uk :cool:) and deadlocked is the north american name i think

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@ryannumber1gamer said: I think you got that mixed up. Gladiator is the Uk name (i know this because i live in the uk :cool:) and deadlocked is the north american name i think

Yeah, my bad there.

• An episode of the Walking Dead game on my iPad.

Add Comment