User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users

Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.

166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Reply I got from TTG support regarding MAC issues on 6th July...

"We are aware that a number of MAC users are experiencing this issue with completing the download of episode 2 and are currently working on a fix that should resolve the issue. In the meantime, please ensure that you have a strong and stable connection to the internet when trying to download. Also, anything that causes the game to lose focus, including a screen saver, may also cause the download to stop.

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience that this may cause and we are looking to resolve it as soon as possible so you can enjoy your game as intended."

... still no resolution.

• Took longer than planned but now I've tried downloading at another spot and it still doesn't work. Maybe a few more days will do it!

• Unfortunately I really believe that Telltale have no interest in seeing this resolved for episode 2 and are working on possibly having it fixed for episode 3 or later. What I really can't get past is the silence. Disgraceful.

• Okay I tried to be optimistic about this but this is an absolute disgrace now. I wonder if I plastered the message board with profanity about how disappointed I am I'd get banned? At least then I would know if anyone is actually reading this. It honestly can't be that hard to fix.

• @jaxon23489 said: Okay I tried to be optimistic about this but this is an absolute disgrace now. I wonder if I plastered the message board with profanity about how disappointed I am I'd get banned? At least then I would know if anyone is actually reading this. It honestly can't be that hard to fix.

The ridiculous thing is all they have to do is make a direct download link / patch on their website with instructions on how to copy saves over. They (their customer service team) just plain don't care about their customers.

Does anyone have the contact details of anyone higher up the totem pole at Telltale? I wonder if they are aware of the piss poor job their employees are doing.

I'll probably get banned over that, but its true.

• Day 5 of download attempts and no change. Still quits at 80% after 40 minutes. What a joke!

We need to get this info to Mr. Kirkman directly. Maybe he can jerk a knot in their a**es over at TTG. If he knew how TTG is treating HIS fans and HIS customers he might think differently about license agreements in the future.

I paid via Paypal and I plan to challenge the payment and get my refund through them NOT TTG.

• I want my money back. I would rather buy it on iPad.

• With my slow internet, it has now been downloading for almost 24 hours... At 75%. If it crashes at 80 I'll try the lower screen resolution, but it seems allowing you to download a version from the site with both episodes already installed would be an easy fix. I wouldn't mind playing through episode 1 again if it means I get to actually play episode 2.

• @DomDom said: I want my money back. I would rather buy it on iPad.

If you want a refund, pls show your hand in the thread asking for refund. If we don't rally the numbers TTG will think that no one is asking for a refund. And they think they can simply take our money and sell us defective product.

• Wow, boy I'm surprised to see this thread still open. I'm on Mac as well. Finished Episode 1 and then tried to download Ep2. The first time it slowed down after 68% or so, crawling down to 0.01% per second movement. Then, it stopped completely at 99.50%?!?!?!? Frustrating. I had to restart the game. All of those files that were just downloaded? Gone! Now, it's going at it again, but it's dead slow. My internet is fine.

I actually haven't been able to see a support email address on TTG website at all. what is it? I'll also complain to BBB.

Add Comment