User Avatar Image

"WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working" error

posted by Mike on - last edited - Viewed by 15.4K users

Hi,

We are currently investigating what is causing this to happen for a small percentage of the userbase for The Walking Dead, and we apologize for the inconvenience. There's a few fixes outlined in the technical support FAQ here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29368

If those fixes aren't working for you, please reply to this thread and let me know me know what kind of hardware or software security your system is using. I need the following information:

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?

3: Does the game work if you run it while disconnected from the Internet?

I don't need DXDiag information or any other system specific info apart from the information requested above. Please, no discussion of the issue in this thread. It's to gather information only.

Thanks,
Mike

137 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hi, i have the same error "WalkingDead101.exe has stopped workin" after launching the game .

I try everything : verifying cache, re-install, Run As Adminstrator, shutdown firewall & antivirus, compatibility mode for Windows 98/ME, contact steam support, re-install all need software, looking solutions on forums - AND NOTHING CHANGES !!! The game shows me the same error all the time !!!

So i have 2 questions :

1) Why the pirate version working without problems ??? but license no !!!
    2) How can i get my money back (nevermind can i get it back or not , but i really don't wanna buy any games from TellTale Games anymore !!!) ???

• same here i have tryed everything it was working before can't they release some patch or something?

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    no

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game?
    Anti-virus: NOD32, I have tried disabling it and it still doesn't work.

no, in fact i just bricked my router from disconnecting the power to it to try this!! :mad:

My machine: Core 2 6600@2.4Ghz, Nvidia 285GTX, Windows 7, 4gb of Ram

• 1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game?
    Use Win7 built in firewall, shows as ticked for Home/Work Privat and unticked for Public

Use MS Essentials, up to date and not blocking

Runs but still fails to load last saved game on Episode 2 and thinks it is a fresh install

• if this helps anyone, i got mine working after following the first option
    http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2672000

No

Its McAfee, it is up to date, it is not blocking the game.

No it does not.

Yes

Yes, Avast, Yes, No

Yes

• 1. Yes (game allowed)
    2. Yes, F-secure, up to date (game allowed)
    3. No, nothing happens (not even an error message)

• By disabling desktop compatibility and running the .exe as administrator, I'm able to run the game. However, I can not play in full screen.

Just if your wondering...

1: Are you using a software firewall? If so, have you allowed access to the game? No firewall

2: Do you have anti-virus software? If so, who makes it? Is it up to date? Is it blocking access to our game? Yes, AVG free. It's not blocking access. It's up to date.

No

• Hey. How about some answers for console users that can't use there previous game saves. We want answers!

This discussion has been closed.