User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

462 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RetroVortex said: I didn't even know #1 existed! XD

And now I wish I still didn't... :(

You'd be surprised how often I hear that. Or would you? No, actually, you probably wouldn't.

Would you guys be interested in a follow-up video where I talk about the honourable mentions?

• @Darth Marsden said: Would you guys be interested in a follow-up video where I talk about the honourable mentions?

No. Because Matrix Reloaded is a great action-movie :mad:
    You can bitch about PotC 4 all day though.

What I really want to see is you explaining to the world why Alies is a crappy sequel to Alien but may still be a good movie. Cameron's Vietnam epos has no place in the Alien series.

• So you wouldn't be interested in hearing why I felt it worthy of being called a bad sequel but not being bad enough to be considered one of the worst ever made? Huh. OK then!

• @Darth Marsden said: So you wouldn't be interested in hearing why I felt it worthy of being called a bad sequel but not being bad enough to be considered one of the worst ever made? Huh. OK then!

Not at all. I saw it in the cinema. Twice, in a row. And knowing the magnificent soundtrack before that made it even better. :D
    What I really didn't like was them putting story bits into the flop videogame exclusively.

• OK, so I don't know if you guys were aware of this (I can't really remember if I talked about here it or not), but I went through a massive depressive period during August, which completely ruined my birthday. Actually, in hindsight that's probably one of the things that contributed to it. I dunno. Whatever, I'm just rambling now.

Anyway, the point is that I was working on a video at the time, and since I was so miserable I kind of stopped working on it halfway through and haven't gotten back into editing since.

Well, as a way of working my way back into the gig, I've gone back and done something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now - fix up my Daikatana review a bit. It's nothing drastic, I've just trimmed a few live-action scenes that went on a second too long, added some on-screen text explaining things I didn't talk about and - and this is the big one - altered the intro cutscene section.

I won't mention HOW I've altered it - you'll probably be able to tell for the most part - but that section now flows much better. I've even managed to work in a My Little Pony reference for some utterly shameful reason. So yeah, there ya go.

This is the first time the review will be up on youTube, since I never got round to uploading the original version due to its length (I couldn't upload videos longer than 15 minutes when I first started doing this, and since Daikatana is just over half an hour...), and I'll be uploading this to my Blip account as well, so if you never caught if the first time round, well, here you go. It's mostly the same, just a wee bit better. Which makes it somewhat tolerable now, I guess.

Check it out here and give my life some sort of meaning and/or validation. Please?

I'll get back to my other videos next week, and should hopefully have the next one done by week's end. It's already been shot, I just have to put it together and stuff. And the one after that's been shot as well, so... yeah, if I can get my act together, expect a good couple of videos in the next few of weeks.

• @Darth Marsden said: and give my life some sort of meaning and/or validation. Please?

Gives +1 validation point.
    *stops TGS Podcast to re-watch your review*

• Aw, thanks. I feel better now.

EDIT: Blip version is up now, if anyone wants to watch it there.

• If you guys are at all interested, I've finally gotten round to uploading my Top 8 Worst Movie Sequels to YouTube. You can watch it here, if YouTube's stopped pissing about with it.

• @Darth Marsden said: OK, so I don't know if you guys were aware of this (I can't really remember if I talked about here it or not), but I went through a massive depressive period during August, which completely ruined my birthday. Actually, in hindsight that's probably one of the things that contributed to it. I dunno. Whatever, I'm just rambling now.

Anyway, the point is that I was working on a video at the time, and since I was so miserable I kind of stopped working on it halfway through and haven't gotten back into editing since.

Well, as a way of working my way back into the gig, I've gone back and done something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now - fix up my Daikatana review a bit. It's nothing drastic, I've just trimmed a few live-action scenes that went on a second too long, added some on-screen text explaining things I didn't talk about and - and this is the big one - altered the intro cutscene section.

I won't mention HOW I've altered it - you'll probably be able to tell for the most part - but that section now flows much better. I've even managed to work in a My Little Pony reference for some utterly shameful reason. So yeah, there ya go.

This is the first time the review will be up on youTube, since I never got round to uploading the original version due to its length (I couldn't upload videos longer than 15 minutes when I first started doing this, and since Daikatana is just over half an hour...), and I'll be uploading this to my Blip account as well, so if you never caught if the first time round, well, here you go. It's mostly the same, just a wee bit better. Which makes it somewhat tolerable now, I guess.

Check it out here and give my life some sort of meaning and/or validation. Please?

I'll get back to my other videos next week, and should hopefully have the next one done by week's end. It's already been shot, I just have to put it together and stuff. And the one after that's been shot as well, so... yeah, if I can get my act together, expect a good couple of videos in the next few of weeks.

(Thinks Doctor Who game :D)

• As I have said before, I can't capture footage from my TV, so if I'm reviewing a game, it has to be a PC game or emulatable on the PC. So no, it's not The Eternity Clock.

The video's compiling now, so I'll upload it overnight and it should be watchable tomorrow morning.

Add Comment