User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Been going through the Myst series. I've beaten the first two and gotten halfway through the third but stopped. Now I'm continuing my journey with the advent of picking up the first Myst novel (The Book of Atrus) which was fantastic. It spurred me to finish the series. Currently on Myst 4. Love these games. Fantastic world and concept.

• Right now: Storm in a Teacup & Insanely Twisted Guineapig Farm.

• Metroid Prime (Trilogy version)

It still looks fantastic, even after all this time.

The Wii controls are decent, though I've had some trouble with them (I imagine I am too close to my TV and my TV is wall mounted, and its having some trouble).

• Sunk teeth into Sly Racoon. (PS3 HD version)

Its pretty great and suprisingly tough so far. Definately want to play the trilogy now.
    Slightly dodgy voice acting, but since it IS a PS2 game, and it IS the first of a trilogy I'll happily let that slide! :D

• I just finished up with Stacking, and am starting on the expansion. It's a fantastic game, if a bit short. Highly recommended.

• Played Limbo today. Not a bad little platformer. I might play a little Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet tonight. If I don't play it tonight, it's going to be waiting until I beat Kingdom Hearts 3D.

• Mass Effect 3. I would attempt to get the "best" ending possible and get the needed level of readiness or whatever, but I apparently need to mess around with the multiplayer or follow a VERY linear path of decisions. I do what I want on decisions and am playing the 360 version with no online pass OR xbox gold membership so... at least the games ending sucks no matter what :P

• @Gman5852 said: Mass Effect 3. I would attempt to get the "best" ending possible and get the needed level of readiness or whatever, but I apparently need to mess around with the multiplayer or follow a VERY linear path of decisions.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly happy to hear about that either, and it's exactly why I don't want multiplayer intruding on my single-player experiences. F**king Bioware, you used to be awesome.

I'm on Ratchet & Clank 2 ATM and my god it's so much better than the first one. SO much better.

• @Gman5852 said: Mass Effect 3. I would attempt to get the "best" ending possible and get the needed level of readiness or whatever, but I apparently need to mess around with the multiplayer or follow a VERY linear path of decisions. I do what I want on decisions and am playing the 360 version with no online pass OR xbox gold membership so... at least the games ending sucks no matter what :P

Not to post a spoiler but there is no best ending. Well there is but the difference to the worst is a colour change and a clip that isn't even a second long. Have fun grinding points for that!

• Isn't it a bit different with the DLC now? I heard they didn't make fan endings, but that they were more satisfactory.

Add Comment