User Avatar Image

I need some help here, having messed up dreams.

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 945 users

Hey guys, normally I don’t tend to ask help on the forums but today is an exception because there are two things that have been bothering the hell out of me for a long time. Ive tried ignoring them, but they have reached a point where I have decided to turn to not only for help from my online friends, but also to the community. I’ll sort it out.

For the past couple of days now, I haven’t been sleeping well. I have been having some pretty messed up nightmares lately. If anyone asks, this has been going for on about 2-4 weeks from now. I have no idea why I am having some of the craziest dreams. Most of them have been pretty messed up. More messed up than anything crazy from Japan, these dreams I am having are on the borderlines from nightmare fuel to high octane nightmare fuel. What the hell can I do to not have anymore messed up dreams? Its driving me crazy and im not even getting much sleep at night.

25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Burn some incense, meditate, and calm yourself. Look into learning how to lucid dream, if the problem persists.

If all else fails, sacrifice three goats to Baldur and stay awake for three nights. Become nocturnal. Boil an egg in a sheep's stomach and wear an onion on your belt. Seek no further treatment.

• @Comrade Pants said: Look into learning how to lucid dream, if the problem persists.

It came so natural to me I didn't know people had to learn how to lucid dream.

• Punch coolsome in the face. You’ll sleep pretty good.

Naaaah.

• @coolsome said: It came so natural to me I didn't know people had to learn how to lucid dream.

Lucid dreaming is the best.

>2012
    >Not lucid dreaming
    ISHYGDDT

• I died in my dreams for almost a decade straight. Nothing in my dreams really bothers me anymore. Dreams are weird shit and unless they are repetitive, they usually don't mean anything.

• @Johro said: I died in my dreams for almost a decade straight. Nothing in my dreams really bothers me anymore. Dreams are weird shit and unless they are repetitive, they usually don't mean anything.

Uhhhh...right.

Anyways OP, I agree with everyone else here. I definitely have to say try a few nights without the chocolate milk. If you have to drink something before bed, get a bottle of water. This way if you wake up with dry mouth, you have something to drink nearby.

• Seems like the questions have been more or less answered, but usually when I have a nightmare I run around in the nightmare and look for something to punch. When I find it, I then punch it.

Like one time I had a nightmare where some jerk was trying to push me off a tall building. After panicking and trying to keep my balance for a few minutes, I suddenly got super angry and just jumped on the guy. Since it was a dream, the punches were really slow and didn't do much at first, but I just kept on getting angrier until they seemed to do something.

I can't remember what happened after that but I haven't had a creepy stalker/being chased/being pushed dream since.

There's also the fact that I tend to remember weird dreams like this for some reason.

• If you watch TV or are using a computer or another electronic device before you go to sleep you should spend some time reading or medicating or something not looking at a screen, as others has said light or images can cause you to have strange sleep paterns.

• Ive had dreams where people I love and trust torture and/or kill me in quite hideous ways. It's been going on ever since I was a little kid. Sometimes they wake me up and I have to keep the light on to retain sanity. Of course once lucid during the day, the dream doesnt seem nearly as frightening, but they remain morbid nontheless.

From my understanding, dreams, as fantastical as they may seem, have little to do with mental health. If it's really bothering you, get off the internet and talk to a professional.

Add Comment