User Avatar Image

Very disappointed - going to complain to steam

posted by heavypre on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I waited almost 2 months for second episode. Now telltale changes the deal to periodic releases. WTF? I didn't paid for this. If You offer something You have to deliver. I bought 5 episodes released monthly. I expect monthly releases or refund. I'm not having fun waiting. Don't sell what You don't have - it's a scam.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hate to break it to you, if you want your cash back then you'll have to do an account chargeback and risk banning yourself from Steam.

Besides, TTG announced that they were delaying the game and stated an alternate release window in the exact same blog post. They also released a formal apology for the delay and updated the remaining games' release schedule. Now, do you have an actual, legitimate complaint or problem with the game, or can we just safely throw this thread in with the ~250 other general bitching threads?

• This is legitimate complaint - I don't care what they said after they got my money. This is scam. I paid for something they didn't deliver.

• Hey Butler, can you link that blog?

I found something close to that, at least the apology but I didn't see an updated schedule. I want to see if we are seeing the same thing.

• @heavypre said: This is legitimate complaint - I don't care what they said after they got my money. This is scam. I paid for something they didn't deliver.

Really? Legitimate complaint for what exactly?

A scam would be hooking you up for something you pay upfront for and then NOT DELIVERING SAID PRODUCT. Essentially you would have paid upfront to receive nothing or only part of something. Not releasing the game in the original "planned" time line? I agree with Ted, this is mostly "general bitching", and didn't really require a new thread.

Just like the rest of life, something get caught up in the works, causing a delay in how fast they can make the episodes available. They have acknowledged this, and have released a new tentative release date for episode three. Can't handle the delay? Consider this a life lesson to NEVER pre-order a game ever again. There's not much else you can do.

• @magzhi said: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-975
    This page shows the release date for next episode.

ah good very good. Thank you.

So I was reading the same thing. But I don't see anything about future dates or plans for the next parts.

Just seems like they said "our bad" and kept it moving.

• now read it again ^^
    It actually says Mid August is the release date for next episode.

• @Sisterofshane said: Really? Legitimate complaint for what exactly?

A scam would be hooking you up for something you pay upfront for and then NOT DELIVERING SAID PRODUCT. Essentially you would have paid upfront to receive nothing or only part of something. Not releasing the game in the original "planned" time line? I agree with Ted, this is mostly "general bitching", and didn't really require a new thread.

Just like the rest of life, something get caught up in the works, causing a delay in how fast they can make the episodes available. They have acknowledged this, and have released a new tentative release date for episode three. Can't handle the delay? Consider this a life lesson to NEVER pre-order a game ever again. There's not much else you can do.

I have to agree and disagree with her.

I as a rule do not pre-order anything. Even my most beloved series from childhood "Metal Gear Solid" I don't pre-order. But for some reasons I did not consider this a pre-order. I thought I was getting a game that was like a tv show or comic. That can be seen as a pre-order and I'll take the fault for that.

But still, I feel as if this lot has fumbled the ball, and I suspect everyone else is just complacent with bad service. Not to bash the states but my God, this country has horrible customer service and this is a fine example. It's like the rap artist say "F-you pay me!"

@Sisterofshane said: now read it again ^^
    It actually says Mid August is the release date for next episode.

Yeah, yeah I saw that part, in the middle paragraph. I saw it the first go around, but I was under the impression from the Butler's post that a time table for the rest of the episodes was hashed out. That's why I even asked for a link. I wanted to see that.

• been here before bought the t shirt made meme's and still people whinge..

merge time...

• @Sisterofshane said: Really? Legitimate complaint for what exactly?

They didn't deliver. Monthly releases means I should have new episode every month. I didn't agree to change release cycle. You need to be stupid to wait 10 months for 5 episodes. I will do everything in my power to get refund from steam (eaven going with chargeback - only this game on account) and will never buy anything from telltale. If they think I'm stupid and they can do whatever they want they are wrong. No service = no payment.

The game was released btw.

Add Comment