User Avatar Image

Very disappointed - going to complain to steam

posted by heavypre on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

I waited almost 2 months for second episode. Now telltale changes the deal to periodic releases. WTF? I didn't paid for this. If You offer something You have to deliver. I bought 5 episodes released monthly. I expect monthly releases or refund. I'm not having fun waiting. Don't sell what You don't have - it's a scam.

119 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @heavypre said: They didn't deliver. Monthly releases means I should have new episode every month. I didn't agree to change release cycle. You need to be stupid to wait 10 months for 5 episodes. I will do everything in my power to get refund from steam (eaven going with chargeback - only this game on account) and will never buy anything from telltale. If they think I'm stupid and they can do whatever they want they are wrong. No service = no payment.

The game was released btw.

Seems like a heavy price to pay my friend. Sometimes you just gotta eat the loss. They won this time around.

• are we stupid for buying a game that is episodic which could take a year or so to complete ? depending on how the games episodes are made and then certified slowly ? that only cost half of a standard fully complete game..

NO

• @Milosuperspesh said: are we stupid for buying a game that is episodic which could take a year or so to complete ? depending on how the games episodes are made and then certified slowly ? that only cost half of a standard fully complete game..

NO

If it would have taken them a year to make it otherwise, why did they think it would take them less than half a year to make it on episode release?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Question:
    @the_cheshire_cat said: why did they think it would take them less than half a year to make it on episode release?

Answer:
    @the_cheshire_cat said: i don't know if you've played telltale games in the past but we are generally known for being the episodic/downloadable company who actually hits their dates, or very close. On some of our earlier games there has occasionally been a small slip either at the very beginning or very end of the season, but a monthly schedule is something we traditionally pride ourselves on, and walking dead episode 2 taking the extra time that it took kind of caught us with our pants down, made us deer-in-the-headlights a bit. We've realized now that making the walking dead games the games they are is taking longer than a lot of our older games (so we've changed the wording to remove monthly, as that has turned out to not be true), and we're sorry for that, but we hope, and we think, that the resulting content you guys get to play when its done makes up for the delay.

I get that you are upset at the delay, but please know that the delay is not meant out of disrespect, it is meant out of the opposite. We are honored that you are interested enough in our take on the walking dead to purchase the game from us, and we want to do right by your purchase and the world of the walking dead with a quality game we hope you'll remember well for years to come. Hopefully the delay between eps 1 and 2 hasn't marred that too much! (also, if it's any consolation, a silence like that is unlikely to ever happen again.)

@the_cheshire_cat said: it's a scam.

Undoubtedly no intent to deceive = not a scam.

Get your wording right. And stupidity insults can make a thread rather short-lived.

• @heavypre said: They didn't deliver. Monthly releases means I should have new episode every month. I didn't agree to change release cycle. You need to be stupid to wait 10 months for 5 episodes. I will do everything in my power to get refund from steam (eaven going with chargeback - only this game on account) and will never buy anything from telltale. If they think I'm stupid and they can do whatever they want they are wrong. No service = no payment.

The game was released btw.

i think maybee they could relese on time if they wern't trying to concentrate on relesing it on new cross platforms also never buying another telltale game

• Did you know games are commonly delayed, and release dates are missed quite often? I think you should get off whatever drug you're on and take some time to check back into reality.

They altered the episode schedule to reflect what will probably happen, as well as apologizing for such. Also, you've already played through 2/5 of the game, how can you ask for a refund at this point, it would be like buying a game at gamestop, playing it for 3 hours and then trying to return because you don't like it's pace.

• Compared to Valve, these episodes are getting cranked out like nothing. When it comes to episodic gaming, Telltale is probably the fastest. I can't think of anyone else with "episodic releases" who actually get to them. Half Life, the Sonic game, Penny Arcade Adventures... Name me another company who actually gets to their shit.

And if you don't like uncertain release dates, HeavyPre, maybe you should hold back on the HeavyPreordering!

Hee hee. *cries, wipes tear*

• Vainamoinen-

Hey thanks for that. It's all I ever wanted. I take back all the snarky thing I ever said about the company.

Except the California things, those stay.

It's good to see a company owning up. I respect that. Take as long as they like then, I just hope it is worth the wait.

• User Avatar Image
    harrisonpink Telltale Staff

@jayster01 said: i think maybee they could relese on time if they wern't trying to concentrate on relesing it on new cross platforms also never buying another telltale game

Hey everyone, just to clarify, the guys that worked on the iOS port are different than the rest of the guys on the Episode 3 team.

• @heavypre said: I waited almost 2 months for second episode. Now telltale changes the deal to periodic releases. WTF? I didn't paid for this. If You offer something You have to deliver. I bought 5 episodes released monthly. I expect monthly releases or refund. I'm not having fun waiting. Don't sell what You don't have - it's a scam.

honestly you just need to man the fuck up, its not a large amount of money and would you rather a shit rushed game like every other game from the big studios lately? or do you want them to take their time and do the best they can? the choice is pretty obvious.

Add Comment