User Avatar Image

Another LucasArts President steps down

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/lucasarts-president-steps-down-2

LucasArts has just announced that President Paul Meegan has decided to step down from his position at the company. Mich Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer for Lucasfilm had the following to say:

Paul has been a valuable member of the Lucasfilm leadership team and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. We remain committed to our current projects and will be re-evaluating LucasArts’ leadership needs to ensure that we make the right decisions to keep the studio focused.

Hope restored?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'll never forgive them for axing KotOR III. The Old Republic is a piss-poor substitution.

• @KuroShiro said: Lucasarts is a lost cause. All they're good for now is licensing.

Transfer your hope and expectations elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagkBedzwI8

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@KuroShiro said: Lucasarts is a lost cause. All they're good for now is licensing.

That's all we wanted in the first place. The Monkey Island license lent to Telltale once again (and Telltale hopefully dropping all that Fables/King's Quest/Walking Dead BS immediately for this :) )

As for anything else that may come from a new LA president, I'm OK with it and actually rather optimistic. LucasArts can't do worse than in the last years. Whatever new idea might strike the successor, I'll take a good look at it before I might dismiss it.

• @Vainamoinen said:

can't do worse than in the last years.

Good god, man, haven't you watched any films at all? That's the second WORST thing to say, right after "nothing can possibly go wrong" and right before "there's no turning back now"!

Now, this president will probably go and resurrect all our favorite series and kill off all the characters just to ensure that no more games that aren't Star Wars will ever be made. And then will declare the KOTOR continuity null and void and destroy all evidence before making another Force: Unleashed game.

Actually, it will probably be worse than that. I'm not very good at worst case scenarios.

• @Alcoremortis said: Good god, man, haven't you watched any films at all? That's the second WORST thing to say, right after "nothing can possibly go wrong" and right before "there's no turning back now"!

Now, this president will probably go and resurrect all our favorite series and kill off all the characters just to ensure that no more games that aren't Star Wars will ever be made. And then will declare the KOTOR continuity null and void and destroy all evidence before making another Force: Unleashed game.

Hey, at least we'd have closure! ;)

• @Woodsyblue said: Hey, at least we'd have closure! ;)

I did say I'm not good at worst case scenarios. Maybe they'd just renew all the licenses and then put them in an old warehouse to gather dust.

• Long live the next tyrant!
    May he be even more ineffectually evil! HAHA!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I stand by the idea that it can't get worse with a new president.

If they revive all the old franchises and horribly mess them up (or cease production in the middle of the process), at least they tried. Which I've been told is better than doing nothing. ;)

• I had a feeling this was gonna happen sooner or later. I've been hearing so much on how the Lucasarts studio was heading towards losing another President. I dont know where this is going to lead for any possibility of any adventure game revivals happening.

Everytime Lucasarts even DOES something new with an adventure game franchise, something bad always happens. They either get canceled or the process of the development stops in the middle of production. Do I really need to explain what happened with Grim Fandango 2, Full Throttle: Payback, and Sam and Max Freelance Police?

• Three things Lucasarts could easily do which would likely be successful and give them a little more credibility:

1. Bring back Battlefront 3
    2. Licence another Tales series with Telltale
    3. Do NOTHING else. Literally nothing. Anything else they will do they will likely screw up and make everyone hate them even more.

See its easy. (I should be the new president! XD)

Add Comment