User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 24.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: kirkman needs to have the walkers or the cause of the out break evolve into something else walkers will eventually rot away..

and not just rot, maggots, beetles and other insects will be eating them undead

• I would like to see us play a character that is born in the actual Zombie apocalypse or a teen that has no memory of the world before the zombies showed up. It would be pretty interesting I think

• @CaliforniaBear said: I would like to see us play a character that is born in the actual Zombie apocalypse or a teen that has no memory of the world before the zombies showed up. It would be pretty interesting I think

In theory that sounds like a great idea, but in the comics, its only been 2 years so far. It would have to skip really far ahead of the comics for that to work, and that could accidentally screw whatever ending kirkman has in mind(assuming that this is an ending big enough that a new group can't form years later).

• @thestalkinghead said: i dont think it would be set far in the future, they might be stepping on kirkman's toes if they do, i dont even know if kirkman has said how long the zombies will survive, 5-10 years may be to much, and even if they do survive a lot would have happened in that time

the zombies are endless right, everyone one is affected. When someone dies, a zombie is born, so if they don't find a cure the zombie apocalypse is forever. Unless people that are born don't have the virus, then it would take a very long time till the last zombie/person dies.

• @shmee78 said: the zombies are endless right, everyone one is affected. When someone dies, a zombie is born, so if they don't find a cure the zombie apocalypse is forever. Unless people that are born don't have the virus, then it would take a very long time till the last zombie/person dies.

But if the brain is damaged, a person won't come back as a zombie. You start to see the group damage the brain apon death before they turn to prevent more walkers this way.

• @Gman5852 said: But if the brain is damaged, a person won't come back as a zombie. You start to see the group damage the brain apon death before they turn to prevent more walkers this way.

i believe a society post zombie apocalypse would be pragmatic about death, it would be everybody's duty to make sure any person that dies has their brain smashed in, hospital beds would have straps to secure ill people, and one of those air pressure guns they use to kill cattle with (no country for old men style) on each bed to quickly dispatch any dead, and all emergency services would be armed.
    peoples general approach to seeing injured or ill people would drastically change from empathy to fear.

• If not Lee in the second season than Id like to see a whole new set of survivors. How about Morgan and Duane before they ended up with Rick? Lord knows Ive been dying to know what happened to them on the show.

• or a torchwood miracle day style incinerator storage unit.

chuck em in and burn the mofo's

Add Comment