User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't realize that The Eternity Clock was that bad.

EDIT: Might help if I bothered to read reviews. Oh dear. I'm seeing 2s across the board. Ouch.

• The Abominable Dr. Phibes. Hey, no sense in wishing.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Telltale should have made that Naked Gun game. The one that even has AJ in it. :(

• A game where you play as a alien on an alien planet.

• Things I want in an Indiana Jones game:
    A combat system like the button tapping thing in The Walking Dead.
    Puzzles almost as hard as the ones in Sam & Max.
    A separate button that lets Indy use the whip.
    Action sequences that involves use of the gun.
    Classic adventure game feeling.
    A stealth mission (where Indy where’s an enemy uniform)
    Puzzles involving the environment, such as escaping from traps, avoiding activating them, opening blocked doors.
    Puzzles involving people, like gaining information, gaining trust, learning more about an environmental puzzle.
    Classic Indy feeling, like being able to run away from a sprung trap, or escaping from soldiers or island natives.
    A less annoying love interest. Quit hating on Temple, people!

• Hi all,
    It just ocurred to me that Telltale has turned a notable amount of cult classic movies into adventure games (Back to the Future, Jurrassic Park, etc...), so I was thinking how great it would be if the Alien franchise could be used for an adventure game.

H.R Giger's aliens has been used on many occasions for action games, but never for graphic adventures to my knowledge (with the exception of Dark Seed I and II in the 1990s, and that was mostly Giger stuff but not really Alien related).

Just a thought... I'd love to hear other people's opinions on the subject!

Cheers

• no no no no no. Sorry TTG, but do NOT touch this franchise. I doubt they could get licensing anyway as they seem content sticking to FPS games. Only way it could somewhat work would be if it went back to the suspense/horror aspects and had the creatures as background characters of accomplishing another goal...which they wouldn't do as they are so popular. Blah. No. Just no.

• Well I think the point is that the original Ridley Scott Alien movie isn't an action flick, but rather a strong story driven sci-fi movie with a brilliant plot and original idea.

That's why I think it would be prime quality material for an adventure game writer/designer. Ridley Scott's alien (and the best of the franchise in my opinion) wasn't about randomly shooting aliens, it was about telling a fascinating yet disturbing story.

I think if they managed to do Jurassic Park, Telltale could also do Aliens (which in my opinion is a much better movie and could result in a great adventure game).

• You'll find on this forum.... that they didn't manage to do Jurassic Park. Anyway, I'm not a fan of FPS but that seems the way they want to go. It could be an atmospheric story driven adventure game, but it wouldn't be.

• The Thing. Challenges a player’s trust of a character and resourcefulness. Also challenges players on leading a group of terrified people who don’t trust anybody in the group. Any member of the group could be a shape-shifting alien.

Add Comment