User Avatar Image

Will Lilly Leave the Group?

posted by The Jubster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Major spoilers for both The Governor story arc in the comics and Episode 2 of the game await

You know, being a long-time reader of the comics (Although I stopped reading at Issue 48), I almost feel ashamed of myself to have not realised that Lilly from the game was Lilly from the comics, the same woman who:

SPOILERS

Kills both Lori Grimes and then The Governor, and also appears in The Walking Dead novel series .

/SPOILERS

Now, in the comics, Lilly resides in the town of Woodbury, home of The Governor, arch-nemesis of Rick Grimes. In The Walking Dead game series, the group are rumoured to end up in Woodbury in the 3rd episode. Now, this begs the question, will Lilly leave? Almost certainly yes, unless the group returns to Woodbury later in the series, something I find highly doubtful.

If so, why will she leave? Whilst I was playing Episode 2, I was certain that Larry would die in Woodbury, thus causing Lilly to leave the group in a kind-of, "None of you tried to save him" way. Then I finished Episode 2. So, what DOES cause her to leave. The next logical answer would be everyone siding with Kenny, but what if you side with her like I did? (FYI, I sided with Kenny the entire time up until the scene in the Meat Locker with Larry).

So, what do y'all think?

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • no i am not educated in the ways of the paper comic story. if thats the way the thread was intended, i apologise.

what i said was based solely on my experience with the game, thusfar.

• Read the comic, Twilight of the Gods in that One Volcano.

• @Master of Aeons said: Read the comic, Twilight of the Gods in that One Volcano.

This is important. This means something.

• User Avatar Image
    mz3

she don't do this because she knows that not any chace to survive

• @mz3 said: she don't do this because she knows that not any chace to survive

So she won't leave the group because she thinks that they have to stick together to survive? If I remember, Lilly detests sticking to other groups. For example, she wanted Ben and Travis/David to get out of the group. Mark protested against this.

• @Zeruis said: So she won't leave the group because she thinks that they have to stick together to survive? If I remember, Lilly detests sticking to other groups. For example, she wanted Ben and Travis/David to get out of the group. Mark protested against this.

Lilly eventually ends up in woodbury...she's going to leave the group. I can't believe this thread is still going.

• @The_Jesus_12489 said: Lilly eventually ends up in woodbury...she's going to leave the group. I can't believe this thread is still going.

I was asking a rhetorical question to him. He believed that Lilly would not leave the group because there's not any chance of surviving.:rolleyes:

• Whelp, the new novel came out *The Road To Woodbury* and it said to be another comic tie-in. It tells a bit different story of what happened to Lilly.

• @Sisterofshane said: I've been mulling around the idea that perhaps we head to Woodbury, but Lilly doesn't leave the group at that time. It could be possible that she stays with us to the end of the story, and at that point extenuating circumstances lead her BACK to Woodbury.

In all honesty though, I think she's leaving. The death of her father had to be pretty traumatic, and episode three would be the ample time to have her "split".

If Lilly sticks to her M.O., when we get to Woodbury Lilly will stay. Lilly seems to favor staying put in what she believes is a secure location even if it has no food like the hotel. Lee and Kenny seem to favor moving on to other places. Lee, Clem and Carley continue on towards Savannah while Kenny, family and Ben go to the coast. I think that's how it would work in my game with the choices I've made. Sided with Lilly in the meatlocker.

It was cool to meet Glen, be on a mission with him, and then see him off to Atlanta. He's off to do what he did in the TV show and the Comics. Likewise, I think our time with Lilly is up too. An interestng character...likes to yell a lot. Lilly and Woodbury continue on in the comics (and maybe the TV show too) but our story is elsewhere. I think we may pick up a couple of people at the train depot though.

• This would be a lot easier, if we had a timeline.
    Blake won't let Lee stay in Woodbury on account of knowing about the conviction, Kenny's road trip obviously won't go so well and Lilly can join us later after the prison. So they can be a one big arguing family ones more.

Add Comment