User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 8.5K users

This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.

395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The only internet reviewer I really enjoy watching anymore is Jontron. I disagree with a bunch of his opinions (especially from his earlier videos), but he's entertaining enough to actually watch.

• I said it before, and I’ll say it again:

Duck Tits, whoo-hoo-oo!

• I enjoy watching his videos, but I vastly prefer other reviewers on the site - Bad Movie Beat down, Shameful Sequels (supporting my fellow Brits!), The Nostalgia Chick and, until recently, The Spoony Experiment.

Doug seems to be doing the same shtick over and over again, and it's getting old. He also seems to be running out of decent material to cover, leading to some very questionable review subjects (Temple of Doom? Really?). I don't object to his crossovers, except when he's doing one with someone I don't like - JesuOtaku, I'm looking at you.

But yeah, that's my two cents.

And Afterburner is from his review of Surburban Commando, which also introduced us to 'I Was Frozen Today!'

• I like Spoony even more after what he did and I hope he continues to act that way.

• I've never been a fan of any of his site. Once in a while I enjoy something.

• That was a classic line. ''I was frozen today!!'' Also i forgot about Douchy mcnitpick.

• I agree that Doug's earlier stuff seems to be better. Somehow it feels more genuine.

Also, I hated that crossover with Diamanda Hagan. Firstly, I have no interest in Heavy Metal and that review did nothing to spark any interest (ie. the subject matter was boring). Second, Diamanda's schtick was disturbing and, quite frankly, irritating.

So, yes. If Doug does any crossovers, he should do them more infrequently and only with people who are actually good at it.

• List of people who can do good crossovers with the Nostalgia Critic:

Angry Joe
    AVGN
    CR
    Blockbuster Buster
    Cinema Snob
    Nostalgia Chick
    Linkara
    Todd In the Shadows
    JesuOtaku
    Spoony
    MikeJ from Shameful Sequels
    Film Brain from Bad Movie Beatdown.

Edit:I have fixed the names thanks to Darth Marsden for telling me the right names.

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Angry Joe
    AVGN
    CR
    Blockbuster Buster
    The people in the Indiana Jones review (80s Dan aka The Cinema Snob)
    Nostalgia Chick
    Linkara
    Todd In the Shadows
    The person who did the Digimon review with him (JesuOtaku)
    Spoony
    MikeJ from Shameful Sequels
    Film Brain from Bad Movie Beatdown.

Helped you out there. If you're gonna do this, do it RIGHT, dammit.

• @Darth Marsden said: Helped you out there. If you're gonna do this, do it RIGHT, dammit.

Bat Credit Card

Add Comment