User Avatar Image

That Guy With The Glasses Thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

This is a thread to one of the most funniest reviewers and actors on the internet . The Nostalgia Critic played by Doug Walker. The Nostalgia Critic has given such wonderful jokes such as A BAT CREDIT CARD, or TIMING!, and such good videos and reviews such Casper,Top 11s,Batman & Robin,Old vs New Batman and i'm sure people remember his fight with the Nerd (another very funny reviewer on the internet) So anyway go ahead and talk about anything about The Nostalgia Critic. You can even talk about other people such as AVGN,Linkara,The Nostalgia Chick,Bum Reviews.

My question is what is your favorite Nostalgia Critic episode?

Mine is a tie between Top 11 Simpsons episodes,Top 11 Batman episodes,Junior,Batman & Robin, and Old vs New Batman vs The Dark Knight but if i had to pick i would say ether Junior or Top 11 Simpsons episodes.

395 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I haven't been paying attention to the site since the "It" review. That review really pissed me off. Completely. The drinking game and, well the choice of movie. That is not a bad movie no matter how much you want it to be.
    Around that time Phelous did all the Mortal Combats I was gone for good.
    I still have Spoony, Cinema Snob, LordKat & Nash bookmarked. On their own sites. And only check occasionally to see if there is a new Todd video. I don't care about the rest of the bunch. Never did.

So I noticed there was an incident with Spoony but I didn't get what it was. Can someone summarise it?

• There are 2 other reviews of Steven King miniseries and they are a lot better.

• @der_ketzer said: So I noticed there was an incident with Spoony but I didn't get what it was. Can someone summarise it?

Spoony made an EXTREMELY bad rape joke about another contributor to the site. Like, a creepily specific rape joke.

Other contributors from the site and his twitter followers call him on it, all hell breaks loose. The guy does NOT react well to being called out, and goes about being the most offensive, bridge-burning psychopath he can be. He insults everyone, everything, in a very angry fashion for hours on end, constantly, for a few days. His tweets read like curse-filled ravings of a madman.

So he was dropped from the site.

• @Rather Dashing said: Spoony made an EXTREMELY bad rape joke about another contributor to the site. Like, a creepily specific rape joke.

Other contributors from the site and his twitter followers call him on it, all hell breaks loose. The guy does NOT react well to being called out, and goes about being the most offensive, bridge-burning psychopath he can be. He insults everyone, everything, in a very angry fashion for hours on end, constantly, for a few days. His tweets read like curse-filled ravings of a madman.

So he was dropped from the site.

Best way I've heard it described :D :D

• AVGN and NC vs. Irate Gamer. Tired of being declared the weakest game reviewer on the internet, the IR goes on a rampage!

• The Irate gamer is a shtick based off an unintended shtick. Honestly these days, when AVGN does long, historical game reviews, I like them better than his ranting. He can be pretty informative. But then the comments are flooded with stuff like "why didn't you say buffalo penis more often!?"

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@DAISHI said: Best way I've heard it described :D :D

If you're curious, he joked about chaining JesuOtaku up in his basement and raping her. It wasn't pleasant at all.

• @Darth Marsden said: If you're curious, he joked about chaining JesuOtaku up in his basement and raping her. It wasn't pleasant at all.

Not quite "Spooning with Spoony".:eek:

• I love the Nostalgia Critic as much as the AVGN, but unlike the AVGN I disagree with NC on some movies. For instance, he ripped Lost in Space and Twister apart, and I love those movies. And he obviously did no research on Twister because the movie is partially based on an outbreak of tornadoes in Oklahoma. Some years, they do hit like that. I also enjoyed Space Jam(as a kid) but I will admit it didn't age well. Also enjoyed Mortal Kombat. Liked Casper, the Super Mario Super Show, both Short Circuits, TMNT, Flubber, Quest for Camelot(shut up), Hook, Independence Day, the Flintstones, The Lost World(I'd rather he tear JP3 a new one, it deserves it), Little Nemo, and(I know I'm gonna get it for this one) Godzilla. But, even though I LIKED those movies, I still love those videos.

Oh, and as for Temple of Doom? IT SUCKED, DEAL WITH IT. If I were Indiana Jones, I would've left Willie at the damn village so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore.

• Well I liked a lot of those movies too, but some of them were still terrible films.

Add Comment