User Avatar Image

Your Movie Collection

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 491 users

There is another thread on this forum about showing off our video game collections, and I thought we could also show off our movie collections.

At any rate, I have recently finished ripping all of my DVD movies to .m4v (they're mine, and I don't share them, so it's Fair Use to back them up.)

I1Mkf.png

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, are you ready to get more intimate with me? There was a demand, so here we go.

First, I actually went and counted and I think... I think... I have 596 movies on DVD. 481 of them are pictured here(plus however many TV DVDs). Second of all, some of these were gifts from family members who don't really know me, so there is some out of place shit going on but they're fairly easy to spot. I know you can't read them all, but oh well, I just did this quick with my cell.

IMAG0085.jpgIMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Okie dokie.

• Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Cape Fear (both versions)
    Star Wars: A New Hope
    Rocky
    The Deer Hunter
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Psycho
    Vertigo
    Rope

To name of a few of the total 300.

• @Johro said: Okay, are you ready to get more intimate with me? There was a demand, so here we go.

First, I actually went and counted and I think... I think... I have 596 movies on DVD. 481 of them are pictured here(plus however many TV DVDs). Second of all, some of these were gifts from family members who don't really know me, so there is some out of place shit going on but they're fairly easy to spot. I know you can't read them all, but oh well, I just did this quick with my cell.

I spot The Life Aquatic Criterion, Batman TAS, Futurama, the good seasons of The Simpsons, Re-Animator, Critters, the People Under The Stairs, Phantasm, Police Academy, Robocop, and many other great movies. You have good taste.

• Say, out of curiosity, how do you show off the screenshot of your desktop? Oh and while I'm on it...Here's my list of movies.

The Simpsons
    Dick Tracy(1990 version)
    The Secret Of Nimh
    The Dark Knight
    Simpsons Treehouse of horror collection
    The Simpsons season 2
    The Simpsons season 5
    The Simpsons season 10
    Looney Tunes Golden Age collection 1
    The New Adventures Of Mighty Mouse
    The Mask
    Three caballeros
    A goofy movie
    Ren and Stimpy season 1
    Howard the duck(A guilty pleasure for me)
    Wizards
    The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto

Thats all I can think on at the moment.

• @Leplaya said: Say, out of curiosity, how do you show off the screenshot of your desktop?

Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, which copies a screenshot of your current screen to the clipboard (pressing "Alt+Print Screen" copies only the current window.) Open an image editor such as MSPaint, Paste the copied screenshot, save the image, and upload it to imgur.com.

EDIT: oh, and try to make sure that images you post are only 800 pixels wide or less. If your image is too wide, it will push the right side of your post off the viewable window and force people to scroll horizontally to see all of it. It's simple enough to resize an image in Paint, after all.

• @Noname215 said: Psycho
    Vertigo
    Rope

Do you have Frenzy as well? That may be Hitchcock's best film. Out of the ones I've seen, anyway (Psycho, Frenzy, Marnie, The Man Who Knew Too Much [the one with Doris Day singing], and Dial M for Murder).

• @Haggis said: Do you have Frenzy as well? That may be Hitchcock's best film. Out of the ones I've seen, anyway (Psycho, Frenzy, Marnie, The Man Who Knew Too Much [the one with Doris Day singing], and Dial M for Murder).

My complete Hitchcock list:

The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog
    Sabotage
    Young and Innocent
    Rebecca
    Lifeboat
    Spellbound
    Notorious
    The Paradine Case
    Frenzy
    Family Plot
    The Trouble With Harry
    The Man Who Knew Too Much
    Vertigo
    Psycho
    The Birds
    Marnie
    Torn Curtain
    Topaz
    Saboteur
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Rope
    Rear Window
    North by Northwest
    Dial M For Murder

• Impressive... most impressive.

• I personally have a very, very small DVD collection. Most everything my parents own.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3: On Stranger Tides
    The Mummy
    The Mummy Returns
    Sweeney Todd
    Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog
    The Haunted Mansion Story (this is a documentary, not the lame movie)
    Imagineering the Magic
    The Ice Storm
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    Doctor Who, Season 2
    Doctor Who, Season 3
    Doctor Who, Season 4
    Doctor Who, Key to Time storyline
    You Bet Your Life (best episodes)

Yeah, it's kinda a weird collection, I'll admit. It's mainly stuff that people gave me or that my parents hadn't already bought. Or, in the case of the Ang Lee movies, something Berkeley sent out to all incoming freshmen.

I also used to have Season 3 of Black Adder, but I think I must have lost it during one of my many recent moves. Makes me extremely sad.

• @Haggis said: Impressive... most impressive.

The one that’s a real bitch to find is Strangers on a Train. I haven’t seen it, so I don’t know if it’s any good or not. All I really know is who wrote it, Raymond Chandler and some other guy.

Add Comment