User Avatar Image

55% Lack Compassion...

posted by chaz99 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I didn't give her the gun because a) didn't trust her to not shoot me and b) seemed like a waste of a bullet because I assumed it would give me the option to kill her with my axe

• @chaz99 said:
    Discuss and explain.

What is this an essay test?

And anyway how is it compassion to help someone kill themselves?

• To be honest I didn't want to risk the noise attracting more zombies. I don't think it's a very good idea firing a gun when you don't need to.

That sounds pretty heartless, but I don't think suicide is ever the right way to go. Maybe if it was me infected, I'd think differently, but I didn't want to hand the gun to her. Plus, she's unstable. What if she turned the gun on me and demanded I cure her somehow, or she'd shoot me?

• I didn't want to be the one who gave her the gun to kill herself, It's not like I didn't want to give her mercy it's just that I didn't want to be the one responsible. Plus Glenn kinda gives you crap for it if you do give her the gun.

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: What is this an essay test?

And anyway how is it compassion to help someone kill themselves?

She made it pretty darn clear. She didn't want to become a walker, and that was a certainty.

• @chaz99 said: She made it pretty darn clear. She didn't want to become a walker, and that was a certainty.

And then come to find out she killed her self in vain because she was mistaken on how the virus spread.

So then how is it compassion to help assist in the death of someone who is emotionally unstable?

• How was Lee to know that there was no cure?

• @The_Cheshire_Cat said: And then come to find out she killed her self in vain because she was mistaken on how the virus spread.

So then how is it compassion to help assist in the death of someone who is emotionally unstable?

But she where not completely wrong, if you get bit you die and if you die you become a walker unless you destroy the brain.

• So you actually wonder why I wouldn't hand a loaded gun to a mentally unstable individual when the dead are walking the earth and our group only has got one gun?

1) I would never give someone else a loaded gun.
    2) I would rather shoot her myself then give that person a gun.
    3) Bullets are precious in times like this, I would actually have rather used the axe I had, I mean a bullet or just quickly one chop to the neck you wouldn't feel it right?

*) This is still hypothetical right..?

• @EvilHamster said: But she where not completely wrong, if you get bit you die and if you die you become a walker unless you destroy the brain.

Well, we don't know that she would have died of her wounds. But yes, as you say she would have been a walker had she died any other way. But she didn't have to kill herself.

@EvilHamster said: How was Lee to know that there was no cure?

Exactly he didn't know, the player didn't know, but to let her kill herself is to give up hope. And we see that she very well could have been alive had she stayed with the group. But because she gave up hope she killed herself in vain.

Like the guy above me said, ammo is scarce and why give a crazy person a gun.

If folks wanna kill mentally disabled or distressed folks they should join the Texas government. They love killing people with mental issues out there.

Add Comment