User Avatar Image

Disney!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Everyone loves Disney right? OF COURSE I AM RIGHT. So heres a thread (Im not calling the title "the Disney thread" cos that's just stupid am I right!)

So anyway my fave Disney movies are Lion King Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty all epic journeys with epic villians and memorable protagonists (the 3 fairy's are the protagonist in Sleeping Beauty not the price or princess and they are memroble). I also love Fantasia and there TV cartoons I also love Disney merchendice just wish it wasnt expensive as holy hell.

So what's your fave disney movies and what do you love and hate about it?

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Black Cauldron. We get fantasy movies rare enough, but a dark fantasy based on one of my favorite series of books ever? I loved it. Even after the Disneyfication process I loved the character of the Horned King. I just wish they would have kept it darker and hope to this day for an unedited cut.

• I can't even really pick out my favorite Disney animated movie.

Though, I'd say my favorites are Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast (first movie I ever saw in theaters), Aladdin (also the third one because of music), Lion King (and the second, because music), and Tangled. I'm also a huge fan of Under the Sea from Little Mermaid, but I wasn't overly fond of the story.

Yeah, I tend to pick my movies based on the music. It's because I don't watch them regularly, but I do listen to the music. I'm probably missing something here.

• aPQwX.jpg

hey guys Ward Kimball was a pretty cool fellow yeah?

[quote="Ward Kimball's journal"]Friday, August 7, 1942

At the studio a kid – Kenny Walker— brought in 2 quarts of whiskey to celebrate his joining the Navy. We said, “Let’s wait til this afternoon.” “No,” says Fred [Moore], “now!” I mixed a big one with Coke at 11am. Got nice and glowy for our noon hour jam session. Tom [Oreb] really beat it out.

I hit every note made for the trombone—My! My! We knocked the pants off of “Jingle Bells,” etc. At 1:00 the boys were really hitting it up—no work—at 2:00 we played records with everyone in the unit beating on something! I blew my trombone—[Jack] Whitaker his bass! People came from the far corners of the studio to hear us. What a din.

The 2 qts were gone—I counted 6 empties in the hallway. Bill Berg—separated from his wife 6 mo. was going out on his 1st date tonight—”Going to get some” he said—but, alas! He had too much—passed out cold—the nurse had to give him shots—then carried him to his car. Wow! Just like old times—wine, song, no women.[/quote]

• @Rather Dashing said: aPQwX.jpg

hey guys Ward Kimball was a pretty cool fellow yeah?

This is my sort of guy. I love to tip back drinks and rock out with some of my band mates.

Buuut slightly off topic since we're supposed to be discussing the movies.

• Basil the Great Mouse Detective, The Emperor's New Groove and The Rescuers Down Under. In that order.

That's all I have to say.

• Hey! Hey! We can't do Disney without some underrated classics.

And none come any more underrated than Oliver and Company. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHZZbDY8-M

• @RetroVortex said: Hey! Hey! We can't do Disney without some underrated classics.

And none come any more underrated than Oliver and Company. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbHZZbDY8-M

But... but I posted about the Black Cauldron.

• @DAISHI said: But... but I posted about the Black Cauldron.

Oh go and eat some munchies and crunchies will ya! ;p

• @Darth Marsden said: Basil the Great Mouse Detective, The Emperor's New Groove and The Rescuers Down Under. In that order.

That's all I have to say.

Replace Emperor with Hunchback and add in The Lion King and Fantasia and there you go.

• But then it wouldn't say anything about me at all!

Add Comment