User Avatar Image

Disney!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 736 users

Everyone loves Disney right? OF COURSE I AM RIGHT. So heres a thread (Im not calling the title "the Disney thread" cos that's just stupid am I right!)

So anyway my fave Disney movies are Lion King Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty all epic journeys with epic villians and memorable protagonists (the 3 fairy's are the protagonist in Sleeping Beauty not the price or princess and they are memroble). I also love Fantasia and there TV cartoons I also love Disney merchendice just wish it wasnt expensive as holy hell.

So what's your fave disney movies and what do you love and hate about it?

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My top five:

1. Fantasia
    2. The Jungle Book
    3. The Lion King
    4. Aladdin
    5. The Fox and the Hound

• [LIST=1]
    [*]Aladdin
    [*]Beauty and the Beast
    [*]Bolt
    [*]Toy Story
    [*]Sword in the Stone
    [/LIST]
    Honorable Mentions:

[LIST]
    [*]Tangled
    [*]Robin Hood
    [/LIST]

EDIT: Black Cauldron is good, but it felt too short. For some reason, when I watch it I feel like there some element of story missing.

• My favorites in no order. Aladdin,Emperor's new groove,Bolt, and Jungle Book. If we can say our favorite pixar movies i would say:Toy Story trilogy (Toy Story 3 is my favorite) Monster's Inc,The Incredibles,tie between Wall-E & Ratatouille.

Edit:I forgot about Tangled which was great too.

• Curse of the Black Pearl was the first disney movie I saw in theatres.

• @Chyron8472 said: [LIST=1]
    [*]Aladdin
    [*]Beauty and the Beast
    [*]Bolt
    [*]Toy Story
    [*]Sword in the Stone
    [/LIST]
    Honorable Mentions:

[LIST]
    [*]Tangled
    [*]Robin Hood
    [/LIST]

EDIT: Black Cauldron is good, but it felt too short. For some reason, when I watch it I feel like there some element of story missing.

It was massively edited because of fear of the mature content.

• Black Cauldron had a troubled production, since it has been said that Disney was trying to do it as their very first PG13/R rated animated feature. But Jeffery Katzenburg wanted to tone down the film, so a few minutes out of the film has been cut. I wish they kept the uncut version so we can see it.

Oh and my favorite animated Disney movies are these. A goofy movie, Hercules, The Great Mouse Detective, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Hunchback of notre dame(a guilty pleasure for me, dunno why though), The Emperor's new groove, The Little Mermaid, An Extremely goofy movie, Lilo and Stitch, Winnie the pooh(the one that came out in 2011), and Tangled.

Least favorites(ones I dont like) are these. Chicken Little, Home on the range, Bolt(i hate for what John Lassester did for screwing up what Sanders originally planned for this), Pocahontas, Cars(and its cash in sequel), Robin hood(alot of the animators who worked on this hated this alot, expect for frank thomas and ollie johnson).

Anyone on here looking forward to Epic Mickey: Power of two?

• @DAISHI said: I love Robin Hood!

Robin hood is alright, but I wouldn't say it was memorable or anything. The only thing that its known for is reusing animation to save a few bucks on the budget.

• Okay, this might be slightly embarasing, but... I only have a top two favorite Disney list.

1) The Little Mermaid
    2) Enchanted

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Robin Hood was the first Disney film I remember watching; we had the VHS of it and a few others. Used to marathon RH when I was sick. Fave Disney movie is probably Princess and the Frog though. I love zydeco and the animation was just outstanding.

Add Comment