User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 21.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, the endings are much more varied now, each with their own distinct and unique sequences showing the consequences of your decision. It's much more satisfying as a result.

The problem is that the God child still appears from nowhere and you you still have to pick one of those three endings (or not, but that option's basically a great big f**k you to the audience). By this point though, it's pretty much impossible for Bioware to give the indoctrination theory actual credence without invalidating all the work they've done on making the Extended Cut. Shame, but hey ho, at least we got something.

• Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

Yeah, I've given up all hope of completing my backlog this summer.

• Still on Zelda: Minish Cap. Finished Super Paper Mario again.

• @der_ketzer said: Not to post a spoiler but there is no best ending. Well there is but the difference to the worst is a colour change and a clip that isn't even a second long. Have fun grinding points for that!

Oh I know it isn't anything of value to go after it, that's why I'm not. I would attempt it if I could do the multiplayer though, doesn't look too bad.
    EDIT:Also, I'm having the weirdest glitch where multiple people all look like my Shepard. Its getting creepy.
    EDIT2:And I just want to say that these are the neediest guys I've ever seen. "Before we can help you stop the reapers, get these guys to help" "Before we help, cure our diseases" yada yada yada. Do they want to live or not?

• Back to Lego Pirates. First site I rented it from wouldn't run, so I had to do it from my other rental service, and that one works fine. Phew. Was scared my disc drive was knackered or something.

• Currently I'm playing Quantum Conundrum on Windows, which is really addictive. It's somewhat of a Portal 2 ripoff (which is already one of my favorite games), but instead of portals you work with different dimensions in solving puzzles, a dimension where everything is 10 times lighter and a dimension where everything is 10 times heavier, etc.
    It's by Square Enix and available on Steam.

And I'm playing Trine 2 on OS X. Damn, that's a beautiful game. The graphics are sublime, controls are perfect and it's a real original story. I never played the first game, but I read everywhere that this one is a better update.
    It kinda reminds me of Lost Vikings, working with a team of three characters getting through medieval levels.

Add Comment