User Avatar Image

Your Movie Collection

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 493 users

There is another thread on this forum about showing off our video game collections, and I thought we could also show off our movie collections.

At any rate, I have recently finished ripping all of my DVD movies to .m4v (they're mine, and I don't share them, so it's Fair Use to back them up.)

I1Mkf.png

55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Johro said: Order it?

Not after what happened last time. They sent me an empty case, and I didn’t even get a refund! Internet bastards...

• Well that's not good. Apparently, it's getting a blu-ray release this year(oct. in NA) so it should be in rotation soon.

• I don’t use Blu-Ray. I wanted one, but they wanted to charge me 400 bucks for it.

• @Noname215 said: I don’t use Blu-Ray. I wanted one, but they wanted to charge me 400 bucks for it.

If you're talking about a Blu-Ray player, you can get a decent one for about sixty bucks. The only catch is that it would be an optical drive, so you'd have to do some extra finnageling to get it to run on your TV. I just got one, because all the new releases with the special features seem to be on Blu-Ray.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: If you're talking about a Blu-Ray player, you can get a decent one for about sixty bucks. The only catch is that it would be an optical drive, so you'd have to do some extra finnageling to get it to run on your TV. I just got one, because all the new releases with the special features seem to be on Blu-Ray.

Alternatively, just get a PS3! :p

I'll actually list the Blu-Rays I own, because that's a much shorter / more manageable list.

Dead Space: Downfall
    Dead Space: Aftermath (I like the series, OK?)
    Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
    Smallville: The Final Series (OK, that's my Dads)
    The Blues Brothers
    Tron
    Tron Legacy
    You Don't Mess With the Zohan

• I personally found Frenzy to be the most perverted of Hitchcock’s movies. I always knew he wanted to do a sex scene in one of his movies, but this was a little too far.

• It was indeed very disturbing. But what was more disturbing? The actual sexual violence, or the fact that we, as an audience, almost liked the main character who perpetrated those terrible acts? Actually, this article explains it better than I can. In that respect, you could regard Frenzy as one big criticism against rape culture.

• @Darth Marsden said: Alternatively, just get a PS3! :p

I'll actually list the Blu-Rays I own, because that's a much shorter / more manageable list.

Dead Space: Downfall
    Dead Space: Aftermath (I like the series, OK?)
    Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
    Smallville: The Final Series (OK, that's my Dads)
    The Blues Brothers
    Tron
    Tron Legacy
    You Don't Mess With the Zohan

You like Professor Layton?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Alcoremortis said: If you're talking about a Blu-Ray player, you can get a decent one for about sixty bucks.

Paid 100€ for mine, and it still is a piece of shit. 250$ seems to be the absolute minimum for a decent player (a PS3, unfortunately).

Add Comment