User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 19.9K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Noname215 said: I took my little sister to see The Lorax a few months ago. Just some environmentalist bullshit. Trees aren’t going anywhere, people!

Exactly. Conservation of matter and all that. I mean, you can't destroy it. Just ends up being something else. Like the carbon dioxide and oxygen that you get when you burn wood, for instance in a slash and burn rainforest clearing. Tree isn't gone. We just can't see it anymore.

Well, there's some carbon that didn't get oxidized, I suppose.

• The Passion of the Christ 10/10

The most brutally realistic movie ever made concerning the life and death of Jesus Christ. The pasty white guy who played Satan scared the hell out of me, and the scenes of the Scorching of the Pillar and the crucifixion were some of the saddest scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie.

• @Noname215 said: The most brutally realistic movie ever made concerning the life and death of Jesus Christ.

Heh.

• Screw you guys! I’m going home!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I still say Mel Gibson should have played the guy himself.

• @Vainamoinen said: I still say Mel Gibson should have played the guy himself.

Too old. Caviezel was the right age. If Gibson plays his own character in that Maccabees movie he’s doing, that would be alright.

• The person who portayed Satan in Passion of the Christ was actually a woman. I expect they wanted to have a character who looked somewhat androgynous.

Also, I remember how ironic it was that my church and various Christian organizations at my college encouraged people to go see The Passion in the theatre, saying that people could then talk about it afterward... when, after actually watching the movie, everyone was too moved to say anything at all.

• I saw women coming out of the theatre crying. It’s a very moving movie, and people have to stop giving Gibson so much shit for making it.

Jews hated this movie for some reason. This movie was basically made for Catholics/Christians. They pretty much hated it for the portrayal of Caiaphas, the Jewish high priest who convinced Pilate to have Jesus executed. Gibson himself said that the movie was not meant to offend Jewish people, but to tell the truth. I’m not racist, but that is exactly what this movie shows: the truth.

• I really want to chime in and correct you in that last sentence, but given that I'm an atheist, I'd probably just end up insulting you by accident, which isn't what I want to do.

What I will say is that Passion's a very faithful adaptation of the Bible. Whether it's actually true or not...

Add Comment