User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 17.6K users

Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.

1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It’s all about belief. I believe in God, so I see this movie as the truth. Those who don’t, I don’t chastise.

But that’s just me.

• @RetroVortex said: Looks like someone is in a state of desperate denial! XD

(Though watching Origins, I can't blame you for that. I mean, how can you get Deadpool wrong!?! DEADPOOL!!)

I liked the movie for the most part, but Deadpool wasn't done right. Wade Wilson was, Deadpool wasn't.

And Xavier's cameo has been rendered stupid thanks to First Class.

• Red Dawn 9/10

I’m hyped up and ready to kill some Commies!

• @Noname215 said: It’s all about belief. I believe in God, so I see this movie as the truth. Those who don’t, I don’t chastise.

But that’s just me.

And with that, we're friends again. :p

Sorry, I know it's a stupid little point, but it always bugs me when people say that things like Passion is based on fact. It's actually based on what people believe to be fact, which is ever so slightly different. I'm not gonna turn round and say you're wrong, and I really don't wanna open up a whole can of worms, but just that little bit - "I SEE this movie as truth" - makes so much difference to me and I thank you for saying it. @Noname215 said: And Xavier's cameo has been rendered stupid thanks to First Class.First Class (and its sequel, which is apparently going to be based on Days of Future Past squee) has, thankfully, pretty much retconned Origins: Wolverine out of existence. And the world is a better place for it.

• I’m not going to bastardize someone just because we think different. I’m a Catholic, so I know I’m not supposed to be judgmental.

• Cool. Like I say, it's just me being a nitpicky douche. Thanks for being cool about it.

Last movie I watched would be a short film, The Colors of Evil. Four minutes of cutesy awesomeness.

• @RetroVortex said: (Though watching Origins, I can't blame you for that. I mean, how can you get Deadpool wrong!?! DEADPOOL!!)

They pretty much chose the only way to get Deadpool wrong. Shutting him up.

Which is a shame because the actor is a huge Deadpool fan and would have been able to pull it off really well.

• @Darth Marsden said: Cool. Like I say, it's just me being a nitpicky douche. Thanks for being cool about it.

It’s alright.

• @Alcoremortis said: They pretty much chose the only way to get Deadpool wrong. Shutting him up.

Which is a shame because the actor is a huge Deadpool fan and would have been able to pull it off really well.

Which is why I say he did Wade Wilson right. And why he says that when he gets the solo Deadpool movie off the ground, it'll be ignoring Origins completely.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Which is why I say he did Wade Wilson right. And why he says that when he gets the solo Deadpool movie off the ground, it'll be ignoring Origins completely.

Yeah, the brief bit with Wade Wilson at the beginning was pretty fantastic. Maybe coulda done with a bit more talking, but all things considered, it was pretty good.

Then they had to go and sew his mouth shut. I don't really understand why that would have worked. People have torn out Deadpool's larynx in the past and he's still tried to keep talking. I doubt a few stitches would keep him quiet for more than a minute, tops.

Add Comment