User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.5K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I see. Rufus is going to have a lot to atone for in the later instalments; at this stage in the story he's a full-blown psychopath!

On the plus side, the design of the game is very old school point'n'click, which I appreciate, and the visual style reminds me of CoMI in a Machinarium-like universe, so that can only be good :D

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

And the inventory works as swift as a standard Death Star door. Loved that. ;)

Liking the main character is difficult. I'm not sure we're meant to right now. That level of ruthless misfit would even make Guybrush gasp.

• I'm trying to play Hero Academy but the Scumbag game will not log me into my Robot Entertainment account.

• Escape from Monkey Island. I'm just chewing through these!

• That's the thing about adventure games, they only get shorter the more often you play.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I guess they'll be quick. Part one was released in Germany on January 27 (2012). Chains of Satinav marked the first game Daedalic was allowed to put on Steam, a huge success on their side, with Deponia following shortly after. With a bit of luck, you might even get a dubbed version before X-mas. I hope!

• That would be a fast turn around!

Wasn't The Whispered World the first Daedalic game to be released on Steam? I'll probably end up picking that game up now. Looking at the trailers, it looks very Sudio Ghibli-esc.

Add Comment