User Avatar Image

55% Lack Compassion...

posted by chaz99 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.

86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gave her the gun.She would have died anyway,she was desperate and seemed to have suffered a lot already.Wanted to help her,otherwise she would just suffer and endure the pain until eventually,she would die and turn into a walker. :)

...anyways,that would be one less walker to deal with lol. :D

• I gave her the gun without a second thought. I believe in a person's choice to end their life when they have a life ending disease. As lee, i think their is no cure, so she was going to turn and die. that was her fate, and if she wan't to die before that, then I was in support of that.

• I didn't want to risk the noise of the gunshot. I knew it would attract walkers.

• My first thought was that I didn't want to give her the gun, cause I didn't want to "waste to ammo". But then I thought, well she's gonna turn anyways, so it wouldn't really be a waste, so I let her do it lol.

• @The-J23 said: I didn't want to risk the noise of the gunshot. I knew it would attract walkers.

I agree. :) But most of the walkers near the building were already killed...and even if you don't give her the gun,she'll shot her self,so I guess its pretty much the same lol. :D

• I gave Irene the gun. It was her life, therefore it was her choice; and the circumstances were compelling. I do not believe, as some appear to, that personal preferences or choices necessarily place constraints on the actions of other people.

• It was an easy choice for me, based on empathy rather than on what would necessarily be good for the group (though if our lives truly hang on the expenditure of one bullet I figure we're screwed anyway.)

All I saw was a woman who wanted to die, who would've suffered a painful death if I hadn't capped her and a horrible undeath. The moral arrow swung only one way.

Despite Glenn's totally inappropriate comments regarding the fact she had a boyfriend (really, dude, how desperate are you to get laid?) I was pretty much immune to whatever anyone else said regarding her fate - she was doomed and she needed someone to help her out. I'd have preferred to use the axe, but those are the breaks.

Ultimately, I had no qualms about easing her passage (though not in the way Glenn would've wanted).

• well I wanted to cut her head off with my mighty axe... as someone said before, I felt it was to soon to say bye bye to the bullet...

Heck even if I could NOT chop her head off, I could atleast throw her off the balcony head first... then she is injured (goes to heaven), and I get to kill another Walker...

• I totally gave her the gun. My Lee thought about the same way I would of thought of it and that is "What if I was bitten and infected?" I would of begged someone to put me out of my misery and if they couldn't do it, I would have gladly blown my own brains out.

• @chaz99 said: I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.

I wanted to save ammo, the game misunderstood me.
    I'd have gladly lent her the axe :)

Add Comment