User Avatar Image

Disney!

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 741 users

Everyone loves Disney right? OF COURSE I AM RIGHT. So heres a thread (Im not calling the title "the Disney thread" cos that's just stupid am I right!)

So anyway my fave Disney movies are Lion King Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty all epic journeys with epic villians and memorable protagonists (the 3 fairy's are the protagonist in Sleeping Beauty not the price or princess and they are memroble). I also love Fantasia and there TV cartoons I also love Disney merchendice just wish it wasnt expensive as holy hell.

So what's your fave disney movies and what do you love and hate about it?

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd say "Aladdin", "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid" are probably my favorites of the "typical" Disney movies. As for "untypical" I absolutely loved "The Emperor's New Groove"... it just struck a chord with me. Funnily the original version of that movie (as seen in the documentary "Sweatbox") probably wouldn't have hit that same nerve with me.

Also I did somehow like "The Princess and the Frog"... it showed that there was potential for Disney to keep on making hand drawn animation. Sadly it didn't pan out that way.

As for "Enchanted", it didn't work for me - at all. The premise was great, but after all the movie took itself to seriously, so that the really good scenes (the prince breaking into song, the animals cleaning the apartment,...) didn't seem to fit in there anymore. The concept didn't go all the way, and I think the movie would've needed that.

Also I wouldn't mix the Pixar movies into a more or less classic Disney list. Pixar makes movies that are a lot different than what Disney used to make. "Tangled" was really good though, but it did feel more like a Disney movie, despit it being CG.

• @Laserschwert said: I'd say "Aladdin", "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Little Mermaid" are probably my favorites of the "typical" Disney movies. As for "untypical" I absolutely loved "The Emperor's New Groove"... it just struck a chord with me. Funnily the original version of that movie (as seen in the documentary "Sweatbox") probably wouldn't have hit that same nerve with me.

Also I did somehow like "The Princess and the Frog"... it showed that there was potential for Disney to keep on making hand drawn animation. Sadly it didn't pan out that way.

As for "Enchanted", it didn't work for me - at all. The premise was great, but after all the movie took itself to seriously, so that the really good scenes (the prince breaking into song, the animals cleaning the apartment,...) didn't seem to fit in there anymore. The concept didn't go all the way, and I think the movie would've needed that.

Also I wouldn't mix the Pixar movies into a more or less classic Disney list. Pixar makes movies that are a lot different than what Disney used to make. "Tangled" was really good though, but it did feel more like a Disney movie, despit it being CG.

What do you mean it didn't work out that way? They're working on another hand drawn film right now.

• @DAISHI said: What do you mean it didn't work out that way? They're working on another hand drawn film right now.

It's the Snow Queen isnt it?

• If you guys are talking about Frozen(thats the snow queen adapation that Disney has been trying to do for years since all it ever did was get in Development Hell). Is being done as a CG film, over 2D since their marketing is the reason why Princess and the frog and Winnie the pooh didnt meet their expecations.

So far, there are no 2D features(except for a few shorts like Paperman) being developed as we speak. There is a rumor that there is a 2D mickey mouse movie in consideration.

• If they are making it 2D, then I haven't heard of it. But yeah, I forgot about "Winnie the Pooh", which was obviously their last 2D animated movie.

I don't get it why 2D is supposed to be less successful than CG though... just make a good movie and people will watch it!

• @Laserschwert said: ..just make a good movie and people will watch it!

Sadly thats not how the world works.

• "The little mermaid". Obviously.

• Is anyone going to see Wreck It Ralph?

• @ryannumber1gamer said: Is anyone going to see Wreck It Ralph?

I suppose I should sit through the free movie I'll get when I buy my ticket to see Paperman.

Add Comment