User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 21.2K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is a great game! I love that it reveals more behind the park and what else was going on during the Isla Nublar Incident. I also praise TellTale for putting in more tourist attractions in the game like the Marine Exhibit and The Bone Shaker. I would have liked a bit of freedom in what I do, such as character control, but after playing for a while, I began to like the cinematic experience.

Also, as a Dallas-Fort Worth citizen I know realized Jess and Dr. Harding say an inaccurate statement about living in Dallas. In the conversation between Jess and her father, her attendance to Westlake Academy is mentioned. Well, Westlake Academy was not open in 1993. Westlake opened in 2003.

Overall, I would give TT a thumbs up for making such a great game, and a sequel with a back story on Site B would be excellent.

• Very glad I didn't pay full price for it, and got it on the cheap along with my "Walking Dead" pre-order.

Basically, it's "Dragon's Lair" set in Jurassic Park, along with all of the annoyances of that game, but with pretty visuals (well, compared to the multi-million dollar games out there).

I'm not a fan of random QTE's (Up, Down, Up, Up) - I don't want to have to die 5 times before I can work out the correct way to get out of a situation - it's not fair on the player to have to guess the correct sequence of multiple key presses in order to "pass" a scene, and ends up feeling like a "grind" instead of a great experience.

It's just my opinion, but for me, it's the poorest game that Telltale have put out so far - as I said, it's worth the money at a bargain price (even though I can't see myself playing through it again), but I would have been very annoyed if I'd spent $30 on it.

• What a terrible game! I had so hoped for an adventure game, not an action game. What a disappointment that I have to be fast with the WADS keys, and not being very fast on the get-go anyway, just to find those keys usually takes me a minute and by that time I die. There is hardly any story, at least so far, but, I haven't gotten very far yet because I keep dying. just a lot of key clicking. What a waste of my money!

• @mbday630 said: What a terrible game! I had so hoped for an adventure game, not an action game. What a disappointment that I have to be fast with the WADS keys, and not being very fast on the get-go anyway, just to find those keys usually takes me a minute and by that time I die. There is hardly any story, at least so far, but, I haven't gotten very far yet because I keep dying. just a lot of key clicking. What a waste of my money!

If you repeatedly push the four WASD keys simoultaneously, you will succeed all the Quicktime events.
    Simple and short. :)
    It's a sort of "god mode" bug! :D

• ahhh, I will try that. thanks for the tip! I hate using keyboard and am not very quick at it.

• I finished this game today, and I must say although I found the game poor in gameplay and a really bad adventure game, I loved the story. Definetely, Jurassic Park 2 movie should have been this story, and not the actual plot.

But seriously, less QTE for next time, please. This is not a game, but a interactive movie.

• I haven't finished the game yet, but I do have a complaint about haveing to use the wsad keys really fast in some scenes, and my mind can't register that quickly. This game should be updated so the arrows will stay up longer instead of one second or at least give an option in settings to be able to set that for our selves. Rather than that I say the game is good. I just hope the walking dead is more like back to the future than this game where you can actually control the character using the wsad keys.

• I honestly kept hearing how bad and awful Jurassic Park so by the time I picked it up for my 360, I was expecting the worst possible experience ever and honestly it's made the game all the more enjoyable. I should surround myself with more people who claim everything is so unbearable because in every instance in film, music and gaming it's made my experience (usually) good. I'd like to note that I'm a big fan of this style of game since I played Fahrenheit in 2005. Always was intrigued by interactive films as a format.

End result was I enjoyed it and it's story, characterization. Though I do wish your decisions did have more pull towards the story interactivity. Even in Heavy Rain there was moments I could bend the story a bit for a different experience. I suppose Telltale is no Quantic Dream. Either way, I didn't hate a moment of it and I'm not a hater of cel-shading or QTE's, so, that helps.

• I was really excited when I first heard that a new Jurassic park game was coming out because I played the Sega one when I was a little kid. To be honest I give props to designing the game, characters, and critters, However I dislike the game play very much its like a complicated interactive movie, not to much actually fun game play. I easily got bored and disappointed with the out come of the game. It has a great story it just isn't fun to play its tedious. I thought it was going to be like a 1st person shooter or a 3rd person kid of thing if you get what I'm talking about. I didn't want an interactive movie. I don't know, I was just very disappointed and felt that i needed to share my thoughts so more games like this wouldn't be made. Good job on the design and making everything look great but its not fun to play, I'm sorry.

• @ufaheemu said: jurassic park game is very good game but its cost is toomuch for me(indian) could you give consession for India
    thanks

Steam uses localized pricing, try there.

Add Comment