User Avatar Image

Will Lilly Leave the Group?

posted by The Jubster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users

Major spoilers for both The Governor story arc in the comics and Episode 2 of the game await

You know, being a long-time reader of the comics (Although I stopped reading at Issue 48), I almost feel ashamed of myself to have not realised that Lilly from the game was Lilly from the comics, the same woman who:

SPOILERS

Kills both Lori Grimes and then The Governor, and also appears in The Walking Dead novel series .

/SPOILERS

Now, in the comics, Lilly resides in the town of Woodbury, home of The Governor, arch-nemesis of Rick Grimes. In The Walking Dead game series, the group are rumoured to end up in Woodbury in the 3rd episode. Now, this begs the question, will Lilly leave? Almost certainly yes, unless the group returns to Woodbury later in the series, something I find highly doubtful.

If so, why will she leave? Whilst I was playing Episode 2, I was certain that Larry would die in Woodbury, thus causing Lilly to leave the group in a kind-of, "None of you tried to save him" way. Then I finished Episode 2. So, what DOES cause her to leave. The next logical answer would be everyone siding with Kenny, but what if you side with her like I did? (FYI, I sided with Kenny the entire time up until the scene in the Meat Locker with Larry).

So, what do y'all think?

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm a comic reader as well, so of course I think/know she'll eventually end up in Woodbury, and go on to do what she does to Lori and the baby :( With Larry being gone and tensions mounting between her and Kenny I think episode 3 would be a good time for her to take her leave. We'll just have to wait to see what TTG does with it :) I can't wait!

You sooo have to keep reading! Issue 101 comes out soon! So much has happened since issue 48! It was kinda slow and boring there for awhile but shit is about to hit the fan.. again. lol

• Issue 100 was enough for now ;_; Kirkman.. you unpredictable entertainer/bastard.

• Considering that we never see all the people of woodbury, maybe the entire group joins the group in woodsbury. If carly is gone, no one knows lee secret, so he could take a backseat and raise clem in woodsbury. Think of all the crowd shots in woodsbury at different time, looks like at least a hundred people, so lee, kenny and the others could be in that mix.

• According to the novel Blake/The Governor should know Lee.

• The second novel isn't out yet, so we know nothing about hiw lily gets to woodbury, and also how excalty blake sets up the town.

• Off Topic: This actually brings up an interesting point. Think we'll ever see Lee in the graphic novel series? Taking into account how many pivotal characters have come into/left Lee's party, anyone wonder if he'll ever cross paths with Rick? Or would it be too complicated due to the somewhat different ways we (the player) can choose to have Lee conduct himself?

• Hard to say, the comic is quite far in the timeline and we still not sure what happens in the end of the game. They could accidentally bump into each other and just continue walking, or have that manly eye contact. I don't think Lee needs anymore, white people, drama in his life.

• Rick: Hey I know you your that guy who killed a senator
    Lee: Yeah thats me
    Rick:Cool
    Lee: Yeah
    Rick: You want a beer?
    Lee: Nah i got places to get
    Rick: I hear that
    Then they both head off in their own directions

• @CapnJay said: Rick: Hey I know you your that guy who killed a senator
    Lee: Yeah thats me
    Rick:Cool
    Lee: Yeah
    Rick: You want a beer?
    Lee: Nah i got places to get
    Rick: I hear that
    Then they both head off in their own directions

Kind of hoping the encounter would have more substance then that...:rolleyes:

• is thread about the graphic novel series Lilly or the game Lilly?

Add Comment