User Avatar Image

Another LucasArts President steps down

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/lucasarts-president-steps-down-2

LucasArts has just announced that President Paul Meegan has decided to step down from his position at the company. Mich Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer for Lucasfilm had the following to say:

Paul has been a valuable member of the Lucasfilm leadership team and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. We remain committed to our current projects and will be re-evaluating LucasArts’ leadership needs to ensure that we make the right decisions to keep the studio focused.

Hope restored?

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GaryCXJk said: I am still waiting for the Monkey Island game where Morgan takes over Elaine's body to make ghost babies with Guybrush. Oh, and as a side effect Elaine also gets preggers.

Thought.

Morgan hijacks Elaine's body and has sex with Guybrush. Elaine doesn't get pregnant, but Morgan gets stuck in her womb, and due to voodoo stuff eventually is (re)born as a human, but is also Elaine and Guybrush's daughter.

Wacky hijinks ensue.

• @Chyron8472 said: I will watch The Phantom Edit then, and give them a comparison.

I'm watching The Phantom Edit as we speak (10 minutes in, so far.)

I'm making notes in notepad about The Phantom Edit as I go along.

So far...

- picture quality not very good.

(top is Phantom Editor's edit, bottom is L8wrtr's edit--never mind the black bars on the top one as it has not been encoded in Handbrake yet.)

97Qfh.png

- audio quality not as good as L8wrtr's or even official DVD.

- opening crawl not a prologue

- not enough Jar Jar dialogue cuts (Jar Jar still says "ex-squeeze me")

- wipe into swimming underwater mid dialogue is weird.

- Ric Olie is still Captain Obvious.

[PAUSE: not watching anymore atm, as my wife doesn't feel like watching Star Wars. At any rate, I can remember why I'd seen so little of this edit previously, as the first 4 complaints alone are enough to warrant me looking elsewhere.]

• I hope LucasArts will license their older games to GOG.com.

• @Darth Marsden said: Thought.

Morgan hijacks Elaine's body and has sex with Guybrush. Elaine doesn't get pregnant, but Morgan gets stuck in her womb, and due to voodoo stuff eventually is (re)born as a human, but is also Elaine and Guybrush's daughter.

Wacky hijinks ensue.

Watch Angel much? :p Although, Angel's version doesn't end with wacky hijinks...

• @Darth Marsden said: Thought.

Wacky hijinks ensue.

Doodo?

• The new president will be like Mr Lawyer Von Hope Suck. And he will make like Hey Pikachu but with an Ewok and a game where Jar Jar dances for Kinect even when your not moving.

• @Farlander said: Watch Angel much? :p Although, Angel's version doesn't end with wacky hijinks...

Really? God, it's been so long since I last saw that show...

• @Darth Marsden said: Really? God, it's been so long since I last saw that show...

Yeah. Remember how Jasmine was born? :p

• Not even remotely. I don't even remember who Jasmine was. It wasn't the black chick, was it?

• It wasn't the black chick, was it?

It was. The one who played Zoe in Firefly.

Add Comment