User Avatar Image

Will Lilly Leave the Group?

posted by The Jubster on - last edited - Viewed by 687 users

Major spoilers for both The Governor story arc in the comics and Episode 2 of the game await

You know, being a long-time reader of the comics (Although I stopped reading at Issue 48), I almost feel ashamed of myself to have not realised that Lilly from the game was Lilly from the comics, the same woman who:

SPOILERS

Kills both Lori Grimes and then The Governor, and also appears in The Walking Dead novel series .

/SPOILERS

Now, in the comics, Lilly resides in the town of Woodbury, home of The Governor, arch-nemesis of Rick Grimes. In The Walking Dead game series, the group are rumoured to end up in Woodbury in the 3rd episode. Now, this begs the question, will Lilly leave? Almost certainly yes, unless the group returns to Woodbury later in the series, something I find highly doubtful.

If so, why will she leave? Whilst I was playing Episode 2, I was certain that Larry would die in Woodbury, thus causing Lilly to leave the group in a kind-of, "None of you tried to save him" way. Then I finished Episode 2. So, what DOES cause her to leave. The next logical answer would be everyone siding with Kenny, but what if you side with her like I did? (FYI, I sided with Kenny the entire time up until the scene in the Meat Locker with Larry).

So, what do y'all think?

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • is thread about the graphic novel series Lilly or the game Lilly?

  • the quote from lilly is

    "we can't let one person fuck this up for everyone else"
    'bang'

    cut to title

  • Graphic novel series Lilly and the game Lilly supposed to be canon with the comic.
    It\s also possible that all three of them (Lee,Kenny and Lilly) go separate ways after that fight... Kenny\s coast idea obviously falls flat, Lilly finds her place in the Woodbury and Lee goes playing detective in Savannah.

  • @Milosuperspesh said: the quote from lilly is

    "we can't let one person fuck this up for everyone else"
    'bang'

    cut to title



    Not a million miles away.

  • @Warfolomei said: Graphic novel series Lilly and the game Lilly supposed to be canon with the comic.
    It\s also possible that all three of them (Lee,Kenny and Lilly) go separate ways after that fight... Kenny\s coast idea obviously falls flat, Lilly finds her place in the Woodbury and Lee goes playing detective in Savannah.



    This makes sense, that they would split off. And we know for a fact that at least Lee and Clementine will end up in Savannah. I hope that they don't go off in their seperate directions though, because then your choices obviously don't affect the outcome of the game whatsoever. Story-wise though, this is very plausible. Kenny and his family have nothing to gain from following Lee/Clem to Savannah.

  • @ElderBoss said: This makes sense, that they would split off. And we know for a fact that at least Lee and Clementine will end up in Savannah. I hope that they don't go off in their seperate directions though, because then your choices obviously don't affect the outcome of the game whatsoever. Story-wise though, this is very plausible. Kenny and his family have nothing to gain from following Lee/Clem to Savannah.



    how do you know lee and clem go to savannah ? yes lee said it ep1's barn right ? doesn't mean they will as lee said 'pretty far' and clem isn't really going to know how long that will take and what direction, so maybe we don't go there we go somewhere else.

  • @Milosuperspesh said: how do you know lee and clem go to savannah ? yes lee said it ep1's barn right ? doesn't mean they will as lee said 'pretty far' and clem isn't really going to know how long that will take and what direction, so maybe we don't go there we go somewhere else.



    In a 'Playing Dead' interview, the guy answering the questions says "We don't know that they do end up in Savannah!" and then he mouths really clearly to the camera "They go to Savannah."

    Also, I'd like to review my statement that there is no reason for Kenny to follow Lee and Clem to Savannah. There is. Clem tells Lee that her parents are in "Savannah, where the boats are". Maybe this is where Kenny's boat is as well. More foreshadowing on the part of TTG?

  • Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I think it\s in the same direction, but my geography is not that good.. plus I live on the other side of the world. Good observation, oh btw a reason why Lee wouldn\t stay in Woodsbury ....

    **SPOILER**maybe

    Philip Blake/The Governor studied at the University of Georgia, where Lee worked.

    Oh and we are going to find more about Lilly in Larry prequel

    1344967532464.jpg

Add Comment