User Avatar Image

Bring back full throttle?

posted by Da D Man on - last edited - Viewed by 227 users

Telltale has been doing alot of things with lucasarts lately it would be cool to see them bring back full throttle :D

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just a bit of a thought here. Why hasn't Tim Schafer bought the rights to Full Throttle(or even grim fandango for that matter) for Doublefine? You think with all the sitting around that Lucasarts is doing, you'd figured he wouldve bought back the rights to those games.

• @Leplaya said: Just a bit of a thought here. Why hasn't Tim Schafer bought the rights to Full Throttle(or even grim fandango for that matter) for Doublefine? You think with all the sitting around that Lucasarts is doing, you'd figured he wouldve bought back the rights to those games.

LucasArts have to want to sell them before anyone could even think about buying them and even then they'd probably want crazy money that a small studio like Double Fine has next to no chance of having.

• There are lots of problems with a Full Throttle sequel (LucasArts holding on to their licenses tighter than Disney, Roy Conrad not around anymore, etc.), but there's nothing that would stop a random non-sequel adult motorcycle adventure game, if Telltale wanted to go that direction.

• Not about FT, but I believe this tweet from Ronzo is relevant:

@CaptainMuganda The rights to MI or MM would be in the $10,000,000 range and that's just to get the negotiations started.
    9 Feb

• @WarpSpeed said: There are lots of problems with a Full Throttle sequel (LucasArts holding on to their licenses tighter than Disney, Roy Conrad not around anymore, etc.), but there's nothing that would stop a random non-sequel adult motorcycle adventure game, if Telltale wanted to go that direction.

This is true. Although it doesn't exactly have to be Roy Conrad's Ben it would be interesting to see if Telltale could make a newly-initiated Polecat just as memorable.

For when we last left Ben it seemed as though he was going off on his own into the sunset. I think Telltale would do great with this if they could write an epic story.

The whole diesel punk post-apocalyptic atmosphere always struck me as interesting.

• You're all forgetting one important fact. Telltale games has already put out a lot of Lucas Arts titles. Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc. If licencing is really such an issue, why is it okay for these other games and not for Full Throttle?

If anyone who actually works at TTG reads this, could you nag somebody about it? Pretty please? I will totally buy a full throttle sequel when and if they ever make one. That and ToonStruck. Do people still know about ToonStruck?

• @anARTchist said: You're all forgetting one important fact. Telltale games has already put out a lot of Lucas Arts titles. Tales of Monkey Island, Sam and Max, etc. If licencing is really such an issue, why is it okay for these other games and not for Full Throttle?

Sam & Max is actually licensed by Steve Purcell (the author of the comics). How I understand it, LucasArts has pretty much refused to license adventure games, and are only interested in Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. Only time can tell if they will change their minds on that. Maybe with the new LucasArts president...

• Sam and Max is owned by Steve Purcell, not Lucasarts. Monkey Island was a pain and a half of an ass to get and was ok'ed along side with the special edition under a different president that was cool with that idea.

Two presidents later, I really don't think we're getting anything new. Not anytime soon at least and likely not with telltale at that.

edit: oh ninja'd.

*cry*

• @Giant Tope said: Sam and Max is owned by Steve Purcell, not Lucasarts. Monkey Island was a pain and a half of an ass to get and was ok'ed along side with the special edition under a different president that was cool with that idea.

Two presidents later, I really don't think we're getting anything new. Not anytime soon at least and likely not with telltale at that.

edit: oh ninja'd.

*cry*

Jeez. Those things didn't even come out all that long ago and we're already through two presidents? What are they doing to them over there?

• @anARTchist said: Jeez. Those things didn't even come out all that long ago and we're already through two presidents? What are they doing to them over there?

star-wars-unemployment%5B8%5D.jpg

Let's just say the recent LucasArts presidents think innovation costs too much, then are surprised when non-innovation doesn't work.

Add Comment