User Avatar Image

Leave Carley Alone

posted by The_Cheshire_Cat on - last edited - Viewed by 533 users

Lee should avoid any romantic or otherwise “close” relationship with Carly.

And in a nutshell here is why:

Carly already knows about Lee’s criminal past and can expose him at any time and on any whim. So she already has him by the balls. If they decided to get intimate she will then have him by the balls and the heart. She at anytime can make any choice she wants and will have to become number 1 priority to Lee trumping even Clementine. To make matters worse if they have a falling out then in her emotional rage or vengeance she may expose Lee’s past.

I hope the game gives Lee the option to become "close" with Carly, the romance drama would be ironically comforting in an otherwise hopeless time.

Lee should avoid any romantic relationship with Carly at all costs and keep her at a arms distance.

59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I, for one, am in full support of Lee being given the option to find romance with either Carly (first on my list for a majority of reasons, not simply because she "hawt") or other new characters introduced to the story over time. (*SPOILERS*) Due to Lily's "future role" in the main TWD graphic novel story, I don't much see the point in a romance.

Given that Telltale has confirmed they will be working on a "Season 2" for TWD game there isn't a huge rush, but it's a dynamic that should be introduced for the sole reason that it adds to the immersive "human" nature of the story. It's a proven scientific fact that situations of extreme stress or survival often lead to close bonds or a desire to connect "deeper" with someone, whether it be for the sake of trust or comfort.

In the graphic novels series, regardless of the seemingly endless tragedies which befall Rick, his companions or other characters, relationships of an intimate or sexual nature spring up fairly consistently. Even Robert Kirkman has chimed in on why he thinks it would be normal, even given the extreme circumstances.

One concession I will make to the OP is that I don't believe the romance should be "forced" or "sprung" onto Lee (i.e. us) There should be, overtime, clearly defined dialogue options which indicate Lee's interest in Carly. Even in episode 1 it's clear that, despite her attraction to Doug, Carly shows considerable interest in Lee. A response of "Thank you" when she informs Lee that she will keep what she knows about him to herself is greeted with a "blush smile." At the close of the episode, should she be saved, telling Carly that, "I chose you" illicits another similar reaction, and it's clear she's quite taken.

In Episode 2 there are several instances where it's clear Carly has thrown her full support/admiration behind Lee (if he's made certain choices) and the two even share a very personal moment at the end. One could say the writers are clearly laying the foundation for a romance (or for us to get close to Carly only to see her die horribly...) and that's fine; however, a "kiss" or "love" scene should *not* be sprung on us.

If Lee has made the kind of choices which has endeared Carly to him then during certain conversations give Lee the option to broach the topic. Ask Carly if she's "moved on" from Doug. Or even go so far as to have Carly mention her attraction to Lee in a roundabout manner, perhaps have her comment on Lee being an attractive man, yet don't have her just throw herself at him. Lee (and the gamer) should have the option to pursue a romance or choose not to; if the latter then I ask only that it not negatively impact Lee and Carly's friendship.

I would like to imagine Carly being mature and hardened enough by both her past (I personally believe she's *not* just a reporter) and the present to respect Lee's desire to not become too intimate and, regardless, that she chooses to remain his close friend and confidant if that's the relationship the player as chosen to foster overtime.

To summarize: Romance? Yes please, I feel it would make the game better. But make it optional? Without question, yes.

• @ComixFan said: I, for one, am in full support of Lee being given the option to find romance with either Carly (first on my list for a majority of reasons, not simply because she "hawt") or other new characters introduced to the story over time. (*SPOILERS*) Due to Lily's "future role" in the main TWD graphic novel story, I don't much see the point in a romance.

Given that Telltale has confirmed they will be working on a "Season 2" for TWD game there isn't a huge rush, but it's a dynamic that should be introduced for the sole reason that it adds to the immersive "human" nature of the story. It's a proven scientific fact that situations of extreme stress or survival often lead to close bonds or a desire to connect "deeper" with someone, whether it be for the sake of trust or comfort.

In the graphic novels series, regardless of the seemingly endless tragedies which befall Rick, his companions or other characters, relationships of an intimate or sexual nature spring up fairly consistently. Even Robert Kirkman has chimed in on why he thinks it would be normal, even given the extreme circumstances.

One concession I will make to the OP is that I don't believe the romance should be "forced" or "sprung" onto Lee (i.e. us) There should be, overtime, clearly defined dialogue options which indicate Lee's interest in Carly. Even in episode 1 it's clear that, despite her attraction to Doug, Carly shows considerable interest in Lee. A response of "Thank you" when she informs Lee that she will keep what she knows about him to herself is greeted with a "blush smile." At the close of the episode, should she be saved, telling Carly that, "I chose you" illicits another similar reaction, and it's clear she's quite taken.

In Episode 2 there are several instances where it's clear Carly has thrown her full support/admiration behind Lee (if he's made certain choices) and the two even share a very personal moment at the end. One could say the writers are clearly laying the foundation for a romance (or for us to get close to Carly only to see her die horribly...) and that's fine; however, a "kiss" or "love" scene should *not* be sprung on us.

If Lee has made the kind of choices which has endeared Carly to him then during certain conversations give Lee the option to broach the topic. Ask Carly if she's "moved on" from Doug. Or even go so far as to have Carly mention her attraction to Lee in a roundabout manner, perhaps have her comment on Lee being an attractive man, yet don't have her just throw herself at him. Lee (and the gamer) should have the option to pursue a romance or choose not to; if the latter then I ask only that it not negatively impact Lee and Carly's friendship.

I would like to imagine Carly being mature and hardened enough by both her past (I personally believe she's *not* just a reporter) and the present to respect Lee's desire to not become too intimate and, regardless, that she chooses to remain his close friend and confidant if that's the relationship the player as chosen to foster overtime.

To summarize: Romance? Yes please, I feel it would make the game better. But make it optional? Without question, yes.

paramour achievement unlocked...

• Yeah that's it, Lee and Carly will start to get cozy right around the time Lee's wife appears, maybe zombified (grrr, argh!), to put a nice sick twist to the soap opera. :D

• @Cyreen said: Yeah that's it, Lee and Carly will start to get cozy right around the time Lee's wife appears, maybe zombified (grrr, argh!), to put a nice sick twist to the soap opera. :D

I like the idea, but I think that this would only happen if Lee's wife was in Georgia. Didn't he say his wife was somewhere else?

• His wifes a umbrella operative, its all a setup.

• @jaybreezy said: Maybe whoever we save out of Carly and Doug is who Lee tries to round the bases with.

Doug could have been hinting at that with the whole "i think you're a great guy" speech in the pharmacy. If this did happen I wonder how many people would rewind just to save Carly lol.

*sigh* With the threat of getting flamed for a genuine reason this time I really hope they don't go that route. I mean I know the developers live in California, and that state has long ago lost its mind in understanding of human anatomy and what parts fit with what, but please...PLEASE do no go that route with Doug.

It would be cool if Doug and Lee had like a buddy relationship with out getting sexually perverse, something to balance out the relationship that would have happened with Carly. And without the threat of Lee getting exposed.

...And to the "mini mod" that was hoping that the thread would get shut down.

Try harder.

• @Milosuperspesh said: can i ask why you made a new thread when there is plenty of carley threads already...

how is that asking for the thread to be closed? i was merely asking for clarification of why you felt the need to post another carley thread..

you answered gave a valid reason.. then i went back on topic..

so learn to let go.....

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I deleted several dozens of those requests of yours when threads were actually merged. The right way to do this is to dig out the actual former threads you were referring to, then post the links as a suggestion to the original poster and the mods. By employing this technique, you might even find that these threads you thought were about the same topic actually aren't.

After you've humbly suggested other threads with similar info, don't make a second post about it, because the ensuing discussion would immediately derail/ be off topic. Your second post should be either on topic or inexistent. We clear? :cool:

@The_Cheshire_Cat said: I really hope they don't go that route. I mean I know the developers live in California, and that state has long ago lost its mind in understanding of human anatomy and what parts fit with what

Oh no, you did not just say what I think you did. And no, they won't go that route. Because in California, Doug Tabacco could pretty much sue the crap out of them for it.

• @Vainamoinen said: I deleted several dozens of those requests of yours when threads were actually merged. The right way to do this is to dig out the actual former threads you were referring to, then post the links as a suggestion to the original poster and the mods. By employing this technique, you might even find that these threads you thought were about the same topic actually aren't.

After you've humbly suggested other threads with similar info, don't make a second post about it, because the ensuing discussion would immediately derail/ be off topic. Your second post should be either on topic or existent. We clear? :cool:

gotcha

• @Vainamoinen said:

Oh no, you did not just say what I think you did. And no, they won't go that route. Because in California, Doug Tabacco could pretty much sue the crap out of them for it.

Yes, German I did. I would hope you would understand, but I suppose time wears thin some resolve eh?

I'm saying exactly what you think I'm saying.

But it's good to hear they won't be allowing the option to make Lee a sexual deviant. They should still allow Lee and Doug to get close, as real men form real mature relationships with each other, not this California crap they got going on.

Add Comment