User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 8.1K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A Monkey Island RPG would be awesome :P

• lol just a funny little idea.

Feel free to post possible episode plots, voicing, guest characters (Michael Scott), playable characters, and etc. ideas!

• A Cthulhu Mythos game that takes place in a later time period than the original stories, say, the '50s or perhaps even the '70s.

Or, a Cthulhu Mythos game series taking place in several time periods, starting with the '30s, all in black-white (or perhaps sephia), and having a monochrome sound. Then, in the '50s, it shows everything with a somewhat correct coloring, but not quite (the practice of coloring black-white footage). This is still the era with monochrome sound.

We then go to the '70s, where we now have stereo sound and full color. However, like the previous two eras, it does have a grain filter over it, although the grain is significantly less than in the previous eras. Also, sound quality isn't optimal.

Then, we skip to the '90s. No grain filter, audio is almost perfect, stuck in 44100 Hz, and stereo only. Colors are brighter, to represent the fact that it was a sort of brighter era (Baywatch, various summer hits having music videos with similar styles, the Will Smith era, you know, all those typical stuff).

Finally, it's 2010. Everything is dark again, because real is brown. Audio is now 5:1, perhaps even upped at 48000 Hz or whatever is popular nowadays. Perhaps have some bloom filters, as it's typical of realistic games.

And, all throughout the entire series, anything supernatural will look out of place. In the '30s, the creatures seen will have a color tint that really looks weird, like, a bit of green, or a bit of blue. The '50s will have the sounds of the creatures be in stereo instead of mono. I don't know what would make the '70s creatures out of place, perhaps make its sounds better quality, while the grainy filter temporarily disappears. Then the '90s has the monsters scream in 5:1, and finally, 2010 will have some other things I can't think of.

Seriously, this could have a lot of potential.

• After seeing how dark Telltale are prepared to go with The Walking Dead, a game set in the setting of Game of Thrones, or Warhammer, would be pretty amazing.

• @flesk said: There's already a Game of Thrones game.

Yeah, but I mean a decent one :p

• Anyone but me Think Buffy the vampire slayer would make a good episodic game? Been watching through the series lately and thought it would be neat to see.

• A Cthulhu Mythos game would be fantastic. I think it's in the public domain too so that would make things alot easier on the licensing department. I think this is the one that would be best suited to the Telltale format

Perhaps an adventure game involving a main character in Organized Crime. The mafia or some other sort of organized crime group. I don't think that genre has really been done in the realm of graphic adventure games.

And in terms of licensed worlds, I think a Dragonriders of Pern game would be brilliant. It's sort of out of fashion at the moment. But a movie are series has been reported to be in the works. TTG could hop on it before it blows up :D

• I was just watching the brand new series of Doctor Who in the UK.
    And an idea sparked into my mind...

Is it just me or should Telltale Games should make and develop a game for Doctor Who? I know there are some, but some just find it... undesirable.

So, just a thought, do you think it should happen?

Add Comment