User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Really ? Ok, how about THE Ultimate Hunters.... Predators.

• @Warfolomei said: Really ? Ok, how about THE Ultimate Hunters.... Predators.

cough crysis 3 cough lol

• An obvious knockoff of a superior being. Real hunters wear no underwear.

• I still think that would be fun play as a Older Clementine. I can just imagine the introduction in the 2nd season, depending of how you played the game.

If you played as a Guy who always tried to resolve disputes with words, that still believed in humanity's innocence, it would be like...

" Dad taught me that the world isn't gone. It didn't end... It's just harder to live. People still have feelings, for each other, against each other... We just have to reason with 'em. He always did things for the people, some necessary, others not. Even in his final moments, he tried help the others. He sacrificed himself to protect me... And I will not forget his lessons!(...)"

If your Lee played as a Survivalist with heart, it would be like...
    " Father. I don't know if you're still alive, but I thank you for everything you did for me. The world is different, now I know that. I know that we have to do things to survive, things that before it would be considered something inmoral. Yeah, right, you aren't my real father, but you raised me as your child. And for that, I thank you. Now I can defend myself in this world. Now I know that we can't depend on people to do things. But sometimes... They can depend on us. We just have to give the example, right father?"

And, if you played with a hard Lee, harsh and extremly survivalist, it would be like...

" Yeah, I know you did what you had to, Lee. I know that people can't be fully trusted. We have to be cautious, always. You are hard to understand, you know that? Sometimes Doug/Carly( considering that they survived) tried to explain to me why you are such a ... Agressive person. But now I know why... We're in a apocalypse, and nothing can change that. I wonder, how would be live in a world like before. I wonder... If I would fit. "

Yeah, I know that everyone liked that. Right, mates? ;)

• @Lin001 said: I still think that would be fun play as a Older Clementine. I can just imagine the introduction in the 2nd season, depending of how you played the game.

If you played as a Guy who always tried to resolve disputes with words, that still believed in humanity's innocence, it would be like...

" Dad taught me that the world isn't gone. It didn't end... It's just harder to live. People still have feelings, for each other, against each other... We just have to reason with 'em. He always did things for the people, some necessary, others not. Even in his final moments, he tried help the others. He sacrificed himself to protect me... And I will not forget his lessons!(...)"

If your Lee played as a Survivalist with heart, it would be like...
    " Father. I don't know if you're still alive, but I thank you for everything you did for me. The world is different, now I know that. I know that we have to do things to survive, things that before it would be considered something inmoral. Yeah, right, you aren't my real father, but you raised me as your child. And for that, I thank you. Now I can defend myself in this world. Now I know that we can't depend on people to do things. But sometimes... They can depend on us. We just have to give the example, right father?"

And, if you played with a hard Lee, harsh and extremly survivalist, it would be like...

" Yeah, I know you did what you had to, Lee. I know that people can't be fully trusted. We have to be cautious, always. You are hard to understand, you know that? Sometimes Doug/Carly( considering that they survived) tried to explain to me why you are such a ... Agressive person. But now I know why... We're in a apocalypse, and nothing can change that. I wonder, how would be live in a world like before. I wonder... If I would fit. "

Yeah, I know that everyone liked that. Right, mates? ;)

Haha! I like the idea! So there's a time when she snaps and calls you "dad", huh?;) The problem is that this would take place around 5 years after the apocalypse began. Having to skip that far ahead is unnecessary, as the comics have only gone through around 2 years. I would like season 2 to directly take place right after the events in episode 5.

• Uhmmm...

Yeah, I guess that's a problem. Though nothing is impossible in Kirkman's head, I really think that the zombie threat wouldn't be eliminated. Yeah, a lot o things could happen in this time, but what if it was in other place? Clem could go to Canada, or México. Who knows?

Anyway, if it isn't Clem, it could be a female protagonist. Would be cool have a little of innovation, y' know? Someone similar to Andrea, for example.

• then again kirkman/ttg placed the game at the start of the zompoc then skipped 3 months to bring it in line with the comic

so is pushing it out a few years or a couple of months ahead of current events really that hard ?

depending on who survives ep5 clem and duck are in theory pretty safe and having them both in the game with maybe an option for co-op play ? that would set ttg apart give them a challenge and improve the game and maybe draw some similarities to ico/portal 2

• Takes about 5 years for full decomposition, then add detritus feeders, it would be completely zombie free maximum 10 years? But that's if Kirkmans universe plays by the rules :p

• @Milosuperspesh said: then again kirkman/ttg placed the game at the start of the zompoc then skipped 3 months to bring it in line with the comic

The comic is currently set 2 years after the apocalypse started. It isn't "in line" with it. But we might be reliving a major event of it pretty soon from the looks of it.

• @Gman5852 said: The comic is currently set 2 years after the apocalypse started. It isn't "in line" with it. But we might be reliving a major event of it pretty soon from the looks of it.

i was refering to ep1 with glenn... guess i was a wrong

oh well

Add Comment