User Avatar Image

Does Clem Influence Your Moral Decisions?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 748 users

As Lilly was crying over Larry, screaming for help, Kenny was reasoning why we should kill Larry, I looked at Lilly and felt a deep sympathy for her. But I knew Kenny was right.

Being trapped in a room with a 6'4", 300 pound walker was too life threatening to ignore. Larry had to be stopped before he turned.

I just couldn't let Larry rise, as bad as I felt for Lilly. It was a gut wrenching decision but I did what I thought was right.

I tried to help Lilly revive Larry.

As much as my mind was telling me to help Kenny destroy Larry's brain, I didn't want Clem to grow up seeing how low humanity had come. I wanted her to know that there were still morals and hope, even in despair and desperation.

If Clem wasn't present, and I wasn't in charge of her, I'm not sure I would have made the same decision.

What about you? Does Clem influence your gameplay?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ah cool, I'll get around to it.

Thank-you.

• What death room ? There were no bodies, just blood and bottles easily mistaken for animal intestines. Lee smashed her babysitters head in (or not, if you chose calmer way out), or how about burning all those bodies in the motor in.
    Her sadness does make me want to reload saves sometimes ;_; Even though I try to stick with my decisions.

• @Warfolomei said: What death room ? There were no bodies, just blood and bottles easily mistaken for animal intestines. Lee smashed her babysitters head in (or not, if you chose calmer way out), or how about burning all those bodies in the motor in.
    Her sadness does make me want to reload saves sometimes ;_; Even though I try to stick with my decisions.

You didn't have to kill the baby sitter? Whoa..I had no idea.

Well I call it death room cause of the amount of blood and all the tools. It's debatable. of course, but it struck me as a death room. If not that then at least extreme dismemberment.

Oh, and also, I don't think Clem would mistake them for animal parts after having the fall out with eating Mark.

• She was technically dead already, but you can hit her four times without smashing the head in on the fifth.. it was a nice touch.
    Mark was probably cut in the main house. Plus she was more afraid of seeing Danny that anything else.

• I'm kind of mixed on this. I killed the brothers because I felt like they were too dangerous to live. But I didn't take anything from the car because of Clem.

• @Warfolomei said: She was technically dead already, but you can hit her four times without smashing the head in on the fifth.. it was a nice touch.
    Mark was probably cut in the main house. Plus she was more afraid of seeing Danny that anything else.

Oh oh..okay yeah I made that choice myself. I only hit the baby sitter the amount of times needed for her to stop moving. I was thinking of the kid and the effect it would have on her. So I know what you are talking about, was confused for a moment.

Mark was cut in the house, I think there was blood in the tub and what not. But there is no doubt that they usually did the bulk of their "meat cutting" in that back room.

• Yes,she has a good idea on how to survive for a young girl,and knew Lee was in trouble in the dining room.Thats why she gave him the hammer.The hammer was in the tree house.You need a hammer to build a tree house or in my day it was called a fort.

• I don't get why this discussion is still going on!!!! -.-'

It is impossible to revive a person who have died from an hearth attack with CPR alone! you need a defibrillator to kick start the heart, without it you can't revive a person who have had an heart attack, it's a scientific fact for crying out loud! -.-'

So with that fact in mind, here are the options you have:

(Larry dies of an heart attack)

You either take out Larry before he reanimate and becomes a mortal threat to the group.

You wait till he turns "just to be sure" and then try and take him out with a huge risk to the group (being stuck in a small space with a very big fresh zombie)

or you wait for him to turn and kill you all.

that's literately your options....

• Larry was as good as dead. Tough decision to take him out? Sure.... Well not for me.. I sided with Kenny as soon as the option appeared.

If Clem is going to survive then she needs to learn that tough decisions will have to be made to make that happen. No room for chances like that in the situation that we were in.

So, I'd say no Clem does not influence my moral decisions. My decisions are the decisions made that I feel give us the best chance at survival.

I killed the brothers
    Killed Larry
    I would have killed Jolene if she would have went any further but I didn't have to.
    And I took the food from the car.

• For me the answer is both Yes and No.. At times..

I sided with Kenny in the meat locker and smashed Larry's head with the salt lick for 2 reasons.
    1. Kenny was right, Larry would have been dangerous as a zombie in there.
    2. Larry punched Lee and left him for the zombies at the end of EP1. Payback!

After I killed Larry and saw Clem's reaction, I did feel bad she saw that, possibly hurting the trust she has for Lee, but that wouldnt have changed my decision.

I also killed one of the St.John bothers, in the barn with the pitchfork because they were going to kill and eat us.. I didnt even see Clem was there til after I killed him and she screams Noooo! If I had seen her standing there, I proably wouldnt have.

I did let the other St.John brother live and left with the group, I figured all the walkers would get him anyways.

I also looted the car regardless of Clems opinion. We needed the food and supplies, Lee is an adult, she's a 8yo lil girl. I (Lee) knows better.

We are fighting to survive and the moral issues have very little if any place in this world.

In addition, I personally consider Clem to be a burden to my Lee's survival!
    I like her well enough and I play this game intent on keeping her safe, but If I were given the option to leave her with Kenny and Katja and Duck, I would in a heartbeat.

She's not my (Lee's) daughter, she is small and slow and every time she get's grabbed, it's Lee that must risk his life to save her.

Yes, she brought Lee a hammer to help him kill the babysitter!
    Yes, she got the cane to help secure the door.
    Yes, she fit through the AC duct and opened the door.

I realize she is not useless in certain cases, but overall when struggling to survive a zombie apocalypse I would much rather have someone who could hold their own than a hand I have to hold!

Would I risk my life to save her? proably, yes. Depends on the moment!
    Would I sacrifice my life to save her? HELL NO!

Add Comment