User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 25.3K users

In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html

1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Milosuperspesh said: are we talking half life2: ep2 hunters or crysis 3 hunters ?

;)

Or maybe those cannibals that kill Dale in the comics.

Oh wait, never mind, they already ran into some.

Change that back to the Hunters from “Fear the Hunters."

• Duck "The Foreman", new action franchise for TWD

inI5N.png

• Hahahahaha, oh that's a good one. His confused face is just priceless. Lift with your legs not your back... right ??
    Vote for Leectatorship in season 2.

• I can't see the big time jump--like 8 years--it would would take for Clem to be a teenager coming into her own when the comic universe the game is based on has gone only 2 years into the future after the outbreak. I like the idea though.

Obvious choices are Lee, someone in the group (e.g. Carley or Kenny), and a brand new character.

But if I had to choose from characters we've been introduced to so far I would suggest the cop that drops Shawn and Lee off if you choose to look for help at night or the bandits.

But the strongest candidate is Jolene. She has an compelling back story. She was a single Mom, at some point allied with the bandits before being betrayed, her daughter was taken and killed (perhaps eaten), and she mentioned rape at some point but it's not clear who was raped. Her? Her daughter? Both? A stranger? She avenges her daughter.

We know how her story ends, and some facts, but I can see 5 episodes worth of drama in the 3 short months she lived after the outbreak.

• @Red Panda said:

But the strongest candidate is Jolene. She has an compelling back story. She was a single Mom, at some point allied with the bandits before being betrayed, her daughter was taken and killed (perhaps eaten), and she mentioned rape at some point but it's not clear who was raped. Her? Her daughter? Both? A stranger? She avenges her daughter.

We know how her story ends, and some facts, but I can see 5 episodes worth of drama in the 3 short months she lived after the outbreak.

I agree but don't you think that would give the player a sort of "hopeless" feeling to the game. Since no matter the choices made in the game the little girl and the mother die.

There would be little incentive for the player making "good" choices since in the end there is nothing but death.

• Personally I'm all for Lee not becoming a casualty and remaining the lead protagonist for the forthcoming Season 2. I really rather like the idea of him being akin to Rick, becoming the leader of a new group in the wake of Lily's departure and finding new folks along the way, building a new group with Lee and Clem obviously still with him given choices we've made.

With Rick in TWD graphic novels we see the world through Rick's choices and those made by the people who travel with him. In TWD game we see that same world through Lee's choices, i.e. choices we make. I don't quite see the point in setting that up with Lee just to kill him and bring in someone else. From a narrative perspective, in a (hopefully) long series like this, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. People get attached to a character who's shoes they've walked in, and filled, for an extended length of time.

Also we have a vested interest in protecting/raising Clementine (some of us anyway) and having Lee die just so Clem becomes a new player character smacks of lazy writing. If I had my choice I would like to see Lee and Clem truly growing/aging in this world, the choices we've made reflected in her and continuing to matter as she becomes older and starts to try to find her own way.

The "years later" time jump gimmick has just become an easy way out in too many well written stories/series of late. It's something Robert Kirkman has tried to avoid in TWD graphic novels for the most part and I'm hoping TellTale does the same.

• @ComixFan said:
    The "years later" time jump gimmick has just become an easy way out in too many well written stories/series of late. It's something Robert Kirkman has tried to avoid in TWD graphic novels for the most part and I'm hoping TellTale does the same.

Be sure to catch Season 2! Clementine Shippuden! 2015!

• As many of you know, Season 2 has been mentioned. Once this Season gets a retail release and such. So my question to the members of the forum is:

What do you think the premise of the 2nd series is going to be? A new cast, setting and storyline in the Walking Dead universe?

Or a continuation of Lee Everett's sordid tale? Some time later or immediately after teh Season "finale"

What are your hopes and wants regarding Season 2? What would you like to see?

• Well I do like Lee as a character. But I won't mind seeing someone else.

• I like Lee and his sorrowful tale, but new meat would be interesting, as well. Maybe TTG will give us a choice, in game, to continue on as Lee (Assuming he survives), or another survivor. I'd even like a customizable character to play the role of the protagonist. :D Hint, hint, TTG! <3

Add Comment