User Avatar Image

Why the Silence?

posted by dankirk on - last edited - Viewed by 792 users

First, this is not a "Where is Episode 3?" thread.

My question is, what are the possible reasons for TTG's lack of response to the questions and concerns raised on the issue? There are many upset people on these forums, facebook, and other pages who are requesting information. I am happy to wait for the game, and I am sure it will be great. However, it is clear that this lack of communication is a departure from TTG's past practices. I have always appreciated and respected their accessibility and open communication in the past.

Again, I am not complaining, I am genuinely curious about their departure from prior practices, and would like to discuss possible reasons for it.

Are there legal reasons for the lack of communication?

Are there business reasons?

Could they feel that they have said enough, and do not owe the vocal internet posters any more information?

It is apparent that the lack of response to the many questions has resulted in a loss of trust and customers who will not purchase from TTG again. There must be valid reasons for the silence that outweigh the negative consequences.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dankirk said: First, this is not

Could they feel that they have said enough, and do not owe the vocal internet posters any more information?

Most likely this. And imo they have given enough information, it's only a small vocal minority who keeps complaining and spamming on where episode 3 is and why its not released yet.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

It's been just one week since Telltale has clearly communicated they're submitting the episode to Microsoft and Sony.

That is, by the way, more communication about the episode status we had for any other preceding game, as far as I can remember. This submission stuff wasn't discussed openly in previous games.

Telltale has nothing to communicate at this time. They're waiting just like you do. That's the reason for the silence.

• define silence...

they posted on there blog, link/tab on the top of these forum pages..

read them...

• Why excatly are they waiting for Sony or Microsoft to release it on PC? oO
    Doesn't seem legit to me

• They may want to release the same day on all platforms...

• @Vainamoinen said: Telltale has nothing to communicate at this time. They're waiting just like you do. That's the reason for the silence.

That's not a reason. We're waiting and we're not silent, the 2 are not connected.

• @Abel said: They may want to release the same day on all platforms...

Why would anyone do this? Are you telling me the fucking PC Version is ready for months and they spent the last weeks coding the fucking console shit oO

If that is true this is gonna be my last game of TTG. FFS, how can you not release something if it's ready, that's just so dumb it hurts...

• @daZza said: Why would anyone do this? Are you telling me the fucking PC Version is ready for months and they spent the last weeks coding the fucking console shit oO

If that is true this is gonna be my last game of TTG. FFS, how can you not release something if it's ready, that's just so dumb it hurts...

Completly disagree with you.

• @daZza said: Why would anyone do this? Are you telling me the fucking PC Version is ready for months and they spent the last weeks coding the fucking console shit oO

They have a contract with Microsoft that says Xbox has to get it either before or on the same day as the other platforms.

So they have a nice little de-bugged and thoroughly tested walkingdead103.exe sitting on a hard drive in their office and we won't see it for weeks because it needs microsoft's approval to be on their system.

• the thing is though ep1 was out on pc first so what happened there ? as the xbox got it 2-3 days later..

Add Comment